How Was You Day?

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Euclidthegreek
Fisty McGee

Re: How Was You Day?

Post by Euclidthegreek »

My day was pretty great. I spent the day gardening and digging holes and stuff, which makes me feel like a real man. :D After that, I went with friends to find Halloween costumes, and found a kickass half of a hanbok for a couple of dollars (usually they cost hundreds of dollars). And then I found $20 dollars on the ground, which enabled me to buy the hanbok. Then I had a really delicious dinner.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I got a bunch of great books that were being given away on the sidewalk.
Edminster wrote:I'm starting to think Euclid lives in the past.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I hung out with my sister yesterday and watched The Trotsky and had nachos.

The nachos were so good. We bought some jalapeno gouda for the cheese, and apparently my sister makes fantastic guacomole (I've never really cared for it until I tried hers).

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Lethal Interjection wrote: watched The Trotsky
One day ...
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

smiley_cow wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote: watched The Trotsky
One day ...
Does Brandon not have any DVD stores, rental places, anything?
It has been out on DVD for a few weeks now.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Yeah, but no one's carrying it. I'm going to have to order it online, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

smiley_cow wrote:Yeah, but no one's carrying it. I'm going to have to order it online, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Sad for you.
Walmart probably had 30 copies (and they aren't the best place for more independent fare), and Blockbuster had at least a dozen* for rent.

*I think there were about 6 when we went, which was in the late afternoon on a Saturday, so I think it is fair to assume at least double.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

Euclidthegreek wrote:My day was pretty great.
Says you !

My girlfriend of 6 years left me. (As in, for six years she had been my girlfriend, in a legally binding sense, not that she is only six years old). We appeared together on a BBC documentary and everything. She never even received the present I made her (dead caterpillars nailed to a board, in the shape of letters spelling IL OVEY OU?*)

Now I'm searching for dating sites, and http://www.smbc-comics.com/smbcforum/index.php was the highest rated one. So here goes:
Lonely Grade-3 tuba-player seeks female woman with good set of teeth and both elbows fully (or at least partially) operational. Must like jangling kettles in time to Wagner's Tristan und Isolde and be able to face magnetic north on cue. Correspondents must enjoy syncopated mealtimes and possess The Rocketeer on DVD. Disguised ocelots will not be tolerated - no timewasters please. The ability to be impressed by the intricacies and machinations of a motor-operated revolving tie-rack would be of great benefit. Email your answers on a postcard to my Skype
*The question mark was initially an exclamation point, but the silly caterpillar kept curling around.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

I very well cannot email my answercard to your Skype if you don't share it!
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

I request special dispensation from the whole no-hotlinking-images-under-any-circumstances thing, as every imagefile uploading site on earth is currently blocked by the filter we have here. Also isn't wikimedia's upwidth something like 1.2 Tb/s? I feel like I've been arrested for water theft after taking a teaspoon of ocean. A heaped teaspoon of water, but a teaspoon nonetheless.

(the secret is to hide some ocean in the lining of your jacket)

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Technically I shouldn't have done anything as this is the Outlands and therefore rules don't necessarily apply, but I just get so gosh-darn steamed about people hotlinking that the rage took over.

My bad!

Also where are you that has a filter?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

On a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean, with only a teaspoon (whose name is Wilson) and a filter (who is also, confusingly, called Wilson). What's worse is that every time I "WI-I-I-I-ILSON!" the wrong one always responds.

My company obviously doesn't trust me and has placed a filter on everything from amazon to zombo.com

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Your company is right not to trust you, as was so proven when you stole fizzy lifting drink bandwidth.

as an aside your website is all kinds of broken

gödel stop spreading fud

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

felstaff you always say the darndest things
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »

I'm not sure why, but apparently people decided that ten o'clock at night was an appropriate time to start doing some kind of loud construction right across the street.
I hope they finish before too long.