My art

For original creative work. For the love of Zach, read Rule 30.

Moderator: Kimra

Nite Stone

Re: My art

Post by Nite Stone »

too which I respond with:
It's anime dude.
Legs are exaggerated to the shithouse.

And thanks.
I'd like to think I have some sort of talent.
Other than being a wicked lady killer.

Bow chicka.
=\

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

so can you draw normal anatomy because if not you really fucked up and possibly fucked yourself over for switching styles

also fyi only shitty anime warps anatomy like that unless it's done on purpose to horrify or otherwise unsettle, read some manga by junji ito to see what i mean

kimra's probably gonna get all up in arms about her gay manga shit but whatever
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Edminster wrote:I am having a difficult time figuring out what kind of man needs that many swords.
You obviously don't read One Piece.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Nite Stone

Post by Nite Stone »

Well, I'm just going to say Spike Spiegel.

And you're really viciously approaching this critiscm thing.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Nah all she cares about is the depictions of sexy men getting it on with each other, not shin length.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

i am like unto a rabid dog when the concept of abnormal anatomy comes up because i literally am a deformed freak irl please be more sensitive about my fragile emotions and ego

spike spiegel is apparently in a cowboy cartoon? idk, can't be arsed to look further

kimra thinks that this is perfectly acceptable anatomy:
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Hey man not cool that woman has a srs bone disease and has to wear a metal exoskeleton every day just so she can stand up.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Actually I'm having trouble thinking of an anime/manga that has proper body proportions, and if there's any one out there that keeps the face in proportion, I have never seen it. It's a very cartoony style.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Early anime had pretty good composition and such, but I will grant you that faces have always looked cartoony. The problem comes in when people imitate the style without quite "getting" what the style is, so when you look twenty, thirty, forty years down the line you have a "style" that is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of actual innovative design done by someone who knows what the fuck he's doing. Which is how the poor woman with Marfan's I posted earlier is seen as completely normal and not at all viscerally horrifying.
smiley_cow wrote:I'm having trouble thinking of an anime/manga that has proper body proportions
I know I keep bringing it up but Junji Ito is probably one of the best modern artists/writers for this.

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Edminster wrote:spike spiegel is apparently in a cowboy cartoon? idk, can't be arsed to look further
Dude Spike Spiegel is from Cowboy Bebop which is about bounty hunters in space. It's a classic.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I never said her anatomy held up in reality. I said I loved the drawing style. Just because you're close minded and can't appreciate one of the many forms of art in this word, Ed. Doesn't mean that it's not art and can't be appreciated by others.
smiley_cow wrote:
Edminster wrote:I am having a difficult time figuring out what kind of man needs that many swords.
Your not fighting with enough swords if you don't have one in your mouth. Clearly.
King Prawn

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Kimra wrote:Doesn't mean that it's not art and can't be appreciated by others.

others are fucking idiots hth

gödel stop spreading fud

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Kimra wrote:
smiley_cow wrote:
Your not fighting with enough swords if you don't have one in your mouth. Clearly.
Word.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Ed: I stand by what I said. I'm sure some people think poop on a canvas is beautiful. And I'm sure I don't want to meet them, or be near that canvas. But it can still be art. :D
King Prawn

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I still think anime is better than Marcel DuChamp.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.