So.. Canadia eh?

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Asherian
Token Erisian

So.. Canadia eh?

Post by Asherian »

So, if you were looking to flee to Canadia, what region would you suggest? I know we've got a lot of canadians here and figured I'd ask their opinions. (I'm a the poking it with a stick stage of looking into it.)
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: So.. Canadia eh?

Post by DonRetrasado »

That's kind of crazy!

Anyway I'm from Toronto, and Lethal and Wolf (who has disappeared yet again) are in Hamilton or someplace I think, so they know a bit about Southern Ontario too.

TORONTO is the majestic capital of the province of Ontario, and the biggest city in Canadia! And one of the biggest cities in North Amerikkka, too. There are some 17 BILLION PEOPLE in Toronto, all of them Chinese immigrants, making it the most ethnically diverse city in the world. In fact, it is impossible to find anyone who speaks English, anywhere in Toronto!

TORONTO is home to such attractions as-
-A big tower!
-LordRetard's Mausoleum.
-A lake or something.
-An assload of postsecondary schools, the most well-known being York, the University of Toronto, and Ryerson. There are others, you just shouldn't send your kid there because we will make fun of him.
-An assload of shitty malls. Toronto has an extensive downtown shopping district, and the Eaton Centre is Toronto's biggest tourist attraction, attracting millions of people every week. That's fucked up!

TORONTO is in a further southern region than most of Canadia. It is not as cold as Montreal (the other city in Canadia) and is fuckloads more humid, due to our fancy lake or something! Weatherwise, Vancouver (the other other city in Canadia) is probably what people like best but I've never been there and frankly Toronto is fucking hot enough. We do get snow in the winter, however the army gladly comes by and scoops it all away for us!

Also, Toronto has drugs, but they are expensive and many of them are illegal I think.

Also, Toronto is the centre of the universe. Generally, everywhere else in Canadia hates Toronto. It is the most "American" city here.

Don't take my word for it, though. Check out this awful bootleg video!

Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

A less-bootleggy version is here.

EDIT: DURR
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

It depends on what you're looking for.

Easily the nicest place you can live is either Vancouver or Victoria. They get little to no snow, the people are friendly the cities are pretty and culturally it's the most like California. That is to say it is raw food vegan friendly and the people tend to be batshit insane.* The major downside however is a ridiculous cost of living.

If you're looking for somewhere cheap to live I'd recommend Saskatchewan or Manitoba, their major downside of course is everything else.

Montreal or Toronto are great if you want to be in the centre of things. If you want to live in Ontario but not Toronto I'd recommend either London or Ottawa since they're both nice cities and still a large enough size to actually be interesting. And don't worry about the French thing in Montreal, it's a pretty bilingual city and a good half of the people who live there are anglophones, though you might have trouble with the rest of Quebec.

If you want somewhere that has a similar mentality to the United States and a bit of a cowboy, big oil culture I'd recommend Calgary.

And don't move the Maritimes. You might be OK in a city like Halifax, but generally they're pretty xenophobic. Towards anybody who didn't grow up in the Maritimes but especially towards Americans.

*Why yes, I do consider that an attraction. Batshit insane people are interesting people.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote: Montreal or Toronto are great if you want to be in the centre of things. If you want to live in Ontario but not Toronto I'd recommend either London or Ottawa since they're both nice cities and still a large enough size to actually be interesting.
I completely and utterly disagree. I really don't like London, and I like Ottawa for the history, but I wouldn't want to live there.
My prefered locale would be probably Guelph, Kitchener/Waterloo or Cambridge. Probably the first, as there are less skeevy parts than the other two. And while I might not have recommended Hamilton a few years ago, I've come around and it is really growing on me. A "mountain" kind of splits the city in half, it has a moderate amount of things to do, and is generally nice. But then again I live in the nicer half of the city.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

I have never been to Canadia, or anywhere outside of Australia except New Zealand. Therefore my opinion counts for the most because I am not biased by experience

You should live in Saskatchewan, because then you could become a pirate, and steal wheats and barley and all the other grains
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Olax
something about a horse and a face
Location: The Hague, Netherlands, about 1.5018×10³ m below the surface

Post by Olax »

I have never even thought about going to Canadia, so my opinion is even more objective than carbonstealer's.
But I don't know anything about Canadia. You guys make it sound like it's a really big place with a lot of people. I am agoraphobic.

That´s why I live in a cave.
I'm not dead. Just mysteriously absent.
I mysteriously reappeared. Shazam.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Olax wrote: But I don't know anything about Canadia. You guys make it sound like it's a really big place with a lot of people.
Half of this is true. Canadia has a smaller population than the state of California.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

It's population density is the same as the cold vacuum of space

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Olax wrote:I have never even thought about going to Canadia, so my opinion is even more objective than carbonstealer's.
But I don't know anything about Canadia. You guys make it sound like it's a really big place with a lot of people. I am agoraphobic.

That´s why I live in a cave.
Come to Canadia! We have lots of caves!*

*Of course, they aren't as massive as Kovvy's.
Last edited by Lethal Interjection on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Come to Canadia! We have lots of caves!
Did the wordfilter go out for a smoke break or something?
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Nackle.

Edit: Apparently.

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Come to Canadia! We have lots of caves!*

*Of course, they aren't as massive as Kovvy's.
Also you can get to mine without leaving your home!
And it's well lit, too.

Edit: AND RICH WITH RESOURCES!

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

also! it looks like a vagina

so you can have a chuckle as well as have your breath taken away at the size

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »