ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

SMBC Counterstrike Server

Post by ZachWeiner »

Would you play?

yaiir

Post by yaiir »

Cs source, or old CS 1.6?
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :?: :idea: :|

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

Source.

your_face
could_shatter_a_mirror!

Post by your_face »

What's the actual difference?

I've always wondered and I've been told but the explanations were crap and didn't explain the actual gaming difference between them, just the technical blah.
no u

yaiir

Post by yaiir »

CS source is a mod for half life 2
CS: 1.6 is a mod for half life 1

they're pretty much the same, except source has better graphics. Some people say that cs 1.6 is harder to play cause the weapons are less accurate, but i've never been good enough to notice either way, since i suck at both :(

Milldawg

Post by Milldawg »

If you were considering a 1.6 server, I'd totally play, but probably not Source, because I just flat out don't like it. Dudes strafe from side to side like some sort of floating robot man. I mean come on.

Also my 512MB RAM laptop is not very friendly to Source.

As far as actual differences, aside from the crazy strafing that pisses me off, I think of Source as more "for fun" because of the physics engine and the hitbox errors (maybe?) and stuff, and 1.6 as more "competitive." Of course that's not to say their functions are mutually exclusive, but still. Also dudes in Source are all hunched over. IT PISSES ME OFF.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Milldawg wrote:If you were considering a 1.6 server, I'd totally play, but probably not Source, because I just flat out don't like it. Dudes strafe from side to side like some sort of floating robot man. I mean come on.

Also my 512MB RAM laptop is not very friendly to Source.

As far as actual differences, aside from the crazy strafing that pisses me off, I think of Source as more "for fun" because of the physics engine and the hitbox errors (maybe?) and stuff, and 1.6 as more "competitive." Of course that's not to say their functions are mutually exclusive, but still. Also dudes in Source are all hunched over. IT PISSES ME OFF.
I would say the opposite. I'd probably play if it was Source, but not 1.6. Some things may have changed since the last time I played HL-1 CS (which was 1.4), but I hated it as the only requirements for winning were camping like a jackass or shooting the AK-47 as wildly as possible and lucking into a head-shot. CS:Source seemed to get rid of a lot of the camping holes and balanced the weapons better. Also I'd totally go for an original (un-modded) Half-Life server.

Ted Rellis

Post by Ted Rellis »

I would play.

mikeneuf

Post by mikeneuf »

Last edited by mikeneuf on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milldawg

Post by Milldawg »

mikeneuf wrote:One caveat: please ban the AWP. Please?
INDEED

reva

Post by reva »

If set up, I'd probably play once or twice a week. Though my connection's a bit shaking, and i usually end up lagging out every half hour or so.

But at the same time, I'm a chick, and in the world of FPS, that makes me count for like 5 people, right? O:)

Caine

Post by Caine »

Fuck yeeeeeah.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

unless you have laser sights on your boobs, no :lol:
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Hmmm... I had 1.6 on my compy before the crash, but I hadn't played in a while. I got pretty damned good near the end, and me and my roomate were arguable the best pair on our campus (that we knew played, anyways). Add another friend of ours and our team was nigh unstoppable. Then some assholes came on with auto-aim nonsense, and completely ruined any fun we were having. I haven't played since. I guess I just don't like getting shot blindly through walls.
I'd consider playing, though I'd have to go through the motions of downloading and picking it all up again, so it might be a while...

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Maybe CS: Source, maybe.

OHH unless you started a zombie CS server. I'd play that all the time. Rules are one team is allowed up to 4 people and only pistols and only one extra clip of ammo. Everyone else is forced onto the other team and given only knives. It's maybe the best 1st person game ever.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?