Please don't kill me until I kill you first.

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Please don't kill me until I kill you first.

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I don't really agree with this idea. I exult in complexity! The fact that there's no black white or shades of gray in good and evil or any concept but rather a full spectrum of colours is one of the reasons I haven't gone and offed myself. Interest defines my entire life, and complexity sustains my interest.
If the world was simplistic and boring I would have no reason to live. Oh, that and I figured out how to mentally manipulate my own emotions. Thus I waver between malignant sociopath and overenthusiastic random! Good times.
Pure evil does exist in some forms, however. An example in gaming is in world of warcraft: deliberately seeking out and repeatedly killing lower level characters of the other faction. It's not fun or satisfying, all it creates is misery. Some people even devote their entire lives to it. An orc rogue named "Angwe" did this for years and posted hundreds of anguished outcries from his victims on his website because he thought it was funny. He paid for two separate WoW accounts to help him spy on potential gank victims.

Edit: An adult's potential intelligence is genetic but assisted by upbringing (music, education, et cetera). You know morons/imbeciles don't exist because they were brought up that way, right? It's wrong to claim that one is more important than the other because it varies from person to person. Some people develop better assisted and others develop that way regardless of specific nuances of culture.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: Latest Comic Discussion 2: This time, it's personal.

Post by DonRetrasado »

Actually, I don't believe in evil, least of all in a WoW griefer.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:Pure evil does exist in some forms, however. An example in gaming is in world of warcraft: deliberately seeking out and repeatedly killing lower level characters of the other faction. It's not fun or satisfying, all it creates is misery. Some people even devote their entire lives to it. An orc rogue named "Angwe" did this for years and posted hundreds of anguished outcries from his victims on his website because he thought it was funny. He paid for two separate WoW accounts to help him spy on potential gank victims.
This is actually hilarious, not evil. It's been a while since I've played, but last I was on you could only do that on PvP or PvE servers, which means the people getting ganked are there because they want to gank other people. It's like if someone new to pickpocketing was continually pickpocketed by more experienced pickpockets.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Post by Gangler »

GUTCHUCKER wrote: Pure evil does exist in some forms, however. An example in gaming is in world of warcraft: deliberately seeking out and repeatedly killing lower level characters of the other faction. It's not fun or satisfying, all it creates is misery. Some people even devote their entire lives to it. An orc rogue named "Angwe" did this for years and posted hundreds of anguished outcries from his victims on his website because he thought it was funny. He paid for two separate WoW accounts to help him spy on potential gank victims.
It creates awesome and is a rite of passage. Similar to hazing. You go through it, come out stronger on the other end, and then proceed to inflict the same punishment on the new batch of pkers. You have fun learning to protect yourselves from a vastly superior unit, learn the strengths of your class in a context outside of PvE. Learn what types of characters are most to be feared, etc etc. Basically what I'm saying is that it's all part of the PK server experience, one that I would argue is possibly even necessary to fully experience the joys PKing has to offer. If it drives you away or "Creates misery" then you're on the wrong server. Plain and simple.

Kind of silly to even discuss it for WoW though, since the game's complete shit for PKing. "Yes, let's set up factions. You can only PK someone of the opposing faction, and you start out miles across the map from anyone of your level of the opposing faction. This will create a healthy sporting environment".
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Gangler wrote: It creates awesome and is a rite of passage. Similar to hazing. You go through it, come out stronger on the other end, and then proceed to inflict the same punishment on the new batch of pkers. You have fun learning to protect yourselves from a vastly superior unit, learn the strengths of your class in a context outside of PvE.
No. This is not what I am talking about.
What I am talking about is this: somebody who is level 85 and you never saw appears from directly above on his flying mount, which you cannot use yet because you are level 11 and can't even ride a horse yet, and instant kills you with his lowest damage spell. You have ~400 hp and he has 130k hp. Then he spits on your corpse and teabags you. You don't learn anything from this except that people are utter shitbags. It happens to you 5 times in a row - you ask for help and get laughed at. If you try to do something about it you get shot down again because the people doing it have been playing for years and are in top tier pvp gear. Then you get spat on some more.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Yea, that is why when I played MMOs, I never played on PvP servers. I never really played WoW either, mostly stuck to games where PvP was completely optional. People still find ways to grief on PvE only MMOs, but it is usually much more limited.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Gangler

Post by Gangler »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:
Gangler wrote: It creates awesome and is a rite of passage. Similar to hazing. You go through it, come out stronger on the other end, and then proceed to inflict the same punishment on the new batch of pkers. You have fun learning to protect yourselves from a vastly superior unit, learn the strengths of your class in a context outside of PvE.
What I am talking about is this: somebody who is level 85 and you never saw appears from directly above on his flying mount, which you cannot use yet because you are level 11 and can't even ride a horse yet, and instant kills you with his lowest damage spell. You have ~400 hp and he has 130k hp. Then he spits on your corpse and teabags you. You don't learn anything from this except that people are utter shitbags. It happens to you 5 times in a row - you ask for help and get laughed at. If you try to do something about it you get shot down again because the people doing it have been playing for years and are in top tier pvp gear. Then you get spat on some more.
That's actually exactly what I'm talking about. What part of what I said contradicted that? You ask for help and get laughed at for complaining about getting pk'd on a player killing server. Once again, if you learn nothing from this you're probably on the wrong server. Possibly playing the wrong game.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:What I am talking about is this: somebody who is level 85 and you never saw appears from directly above on his flying mount, which you cannot use yet because you are level 11 and can't even ride a horse yet, and instant kills you with his lowest damage spell. You have ~400 hp and he has 130k hp. Then he spits on your corpse and teabags you. You don't learn anything from this except that people are utter shitbags. It happens to you 5 times in a row - you ask for help and get laughed at. If you try to do something about it you get shot down again because the people doing it have been playing for years and are in top tier pvp gear. Then you get spat on some more.
So you're on a PvP server and crying that you were killed by a player? I think you may need to take a long hard look at your life and switch over to an RP server because clearly you are not emotionally mature enough to handle advanced social interaction.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

No, I realised what I was doing after ganking somebody
Edit: Man, it's a pvp server therefore it's okay to pick on lowbies? That's like saying I should go punch my neighbour's kid right now just 'cause I can. Brb making some babies cry.
Last edited by GUTCHUCKER on Sat May 14, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gangler

Post by Gangler »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:No, I realised what I was doing after ganking somebody
Player killing? Did you not know what would happen before you ganked him?
about to eat your face.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:
Strange, I didn't know I was in the Israeli Politics thread!
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Gangler

Post by Gangler »

GUTCHUCKER wrote: Edit: Man, it's a pvp server therefore it's okay to pick on lowbies? That's like saying I should go punch my neighbour's kid right now just 'cause I can. Brb making some babies cry.
What exactly is wrong with picking on lowbies, and how is that at all comparable to punching a real child?
about to eat your face.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Also legit question. Isn't it that you have to train a character on that server? As in, you could not train it on a safe server and easily just go to the pker server afterwards?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

It costs money and you don't get to kill people around your own level as you level up

Gangler

Post by Gangler »

Indeed, like any leveling shortcut it would mean you don't learn how to utilize your character within the context of pvp and pking. You'd have a level eighty five who would mostly be useless to you. It would also rob you of the experience of watching your character's growth within a player killing setting, which may or may not mean anything to you.
about to eat your face.