Worst Holiday Destinations?

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Tundra

Worst Holiday Destinations?

Post by Tundra »

/vacation, depending on your vernacular.

Have you been to any not so good locations, or places you'd consider to be a waste of time? Any horrible tourist attractions, disgusting hotels, or countries you just couldn't enjoy? Tell us the stories!
Yeah, you know you want to talk about creativity. http://www.notebookinhand.com The interpretation of 'creativity' is up to you!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Worst Holiday Destinations?

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Are you being possessed by a spambot?

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

If she is, the spambot is clearly written in Smalltalk.

Eh? Ehh?
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Tundra

Post by Tundra »

No I'm not.
Yeah, you know you want to talk about creativity. http://www.notebookinhand.com The interpretation of 'creativity' is up to you!

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Reno, Nevada. The biggest little shit hole. I've stayed there a few times as a stop over after driving from somewhere else before flying home out of Reno airport.
Indianapolis was also pretty horrible, stayed there for 8 nights for work certification seminar and exam.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I have a frightening tendency to enjoy all my holidays, even when the camp site is flooded, or there is nothing to do. It's all something different! (this is perhaps the most optimistic thing I have ever written, I feel dirty now)
King Prawn

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Oh, now that I think of it, I did go camping near the marshlands in a provincial park. It went about as well as it sounds.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Post by Gangler »

Fireland sucks as a holiday destination. Do not go there.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

Gangler wrote:Fireland sucks as a holiday destination. Do not go there.
It's not bad during the rainy season. Nice wet sauna like atmosphere. Everything tends to mildew after a couple of a days though.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

For some reason I feel that Tundra is a woman. Is this right? Or is the tundra just especially effeminate word?

I only recall 1 vacation, and that was 10 days in Turkey. We go with non turks, go to a store, and ask prices. When the man hears the english speaking, he starts quoting increased prices. The teacher gets really mad. Another turk comes in and supports the store owner because, hey, fuck you guys. We leave without getting anything and just have ROOM SERVICE. Dispicable.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

AHMETxRock wrote:I only recall 1 vacation, and that was 10 days in Turkey. We go with non turks, go to a store, and ask prices. When the man hears the english speaking, he starts quoting increased prices. The teacher gets really mad. Another turk comes in and supports the store owner because, hey, fuck you guys. We leave without getting anything and just have ROOM SERVICE. Dispicable.
I have done very little foreign travel, but many of my friends have traveled extensively all over the world. From what I understand, this common in almost any country when someone who can get away with it is dealing with foreigner, especially ones who don't speak the language. Hell, I know cab drivers in the US who will run up the meter if they realize you are from out of town, you don't even have to be foreigner. I've had some jackhole try to do it to me before.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I really like the word Tundra. It sounds manly and chaotic to me.
TundraTundraTundraTundraTundraTundraTundraTundraTundraTundraTundra
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

It's a feminine noun in French.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Bingle Bangle Bungle I'm So Happy in the Jungle I Refuse to

Post by Felstaff »

I've always wondered how "Steppes" is pronounced.

Steps?

Anyway, I'm guessing a holiday to the Russian Steppes would be remarkably that-feeling-when-you-feel-isolated-and-alone-in-a-huge-landscape-like-being-the-only-one-on-the-moon-and-it-reminds-you-of-your-own-mortality.

Forlorn? Marooned? Abandoned? Forsaken?

Anyway, a remotely secluded place would be fun for a day, but I'd miss the company of civilisation 3G + charger sockets.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Russia has some pretty sweet biomes, all right.
I am a fan of the Taiga. It's got snow and desolation and great big trees and a sweet name. It just sounds good in combination with Tundra.

Plus, it's got Siberian Tigers. So you can be all, "Yo dawg, I heard you like grizzly deaths, so I put a Siberian Tiger in your Siberian Taiga so you can get torn apart while you die of exposure."
Or something, I dunno.

There are a couple professors at my school that came from Novosibirsk. It seems like it'd be a pretty cool place to visit sometime.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.