The Various Works of J.R.R. Tolkien

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Re: The Various Works of J.R.R. Tolkien

Post by Apocalyptus »

Hermaphrodite is just another word for sex maniac, obviously.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Lehooo

Post by Lehooo »

Apocalyptus wrote:Hermaphrodite is just another word for sex maniac, obviously.
Of course it is, why else would you need double equipment? I mean, a guy who carries a gun might just need it for protection, but a guy carrying several is obviously a gun maniac.
LEHOism - Logical yet Eclectic while Heeding Ockham

MolochTheMemeEater

Post by MolochTheMemeEater »

Obviously.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-TC2xTCb_GU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-TC2xTCb_GU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Lehooo

Post by Lehooo »

Holy shit! I'll bet he's a hermaphrodite too, but I wouldn't want to ask him that to his face.

Roman Cilicia

Post by Roman Cilicia »

AHMETxRock wrote:I read the hobbit and the 3 Lord of the rings. I know the jist of the mythology he created, although I wouldn't go around and tell people about it except on the internet.
*gist

I always knew that Mahometans could not spell; once again I am proven right.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Roman Cilicia wrote:
AHMETxRock wrote:I read the hobbit and the 3 Lord of the rings. I know the jist of the mythology he created, although I wouldn't go around and tell people about it except on the internet.
*gist

I always knew that Mahometans could not spell; once again I am proven right.
This may be the saddest post I've ever read.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Roman Cilicia wrote: *hipsters

I always jew that Colored fellers could not goddamn spics; once again I am proven honky bastards.
I didn't believe it was offensive enough to be a post by RC, so I fixed it in the name of justice. Take that, doppelgängers!
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

Seeing as this thread has been necromanticised, I thought I'd address an old post by a reader who hasn't been online in 7 months...
Lehooo wrote:An animated Hobbit? I didn't know that existed! Yeah, I guess it would be kind of long...
http://tolkiengeek.blogspot.com/2005/07 ... th-it.html

^Contains complete YouTubisation of The Hobbit (1977). Yeesh. It's poor, new-age hippy crap.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

The timeline of the hobbit and lotr animated films is kind of messed up.

You have the Rankin/Bass animated hobbit from 1977. Then there is also the 1978 Ralph Bakshi rotoscope animated Lord of the Rings movie from United Artists. It was supposed to be "Part I" and ends at Helms Deep, but the studio decided to drop the "Part I" and never made the sequel. So then Rankin/Bass made an animated version of Return of the King in 1980 in the same style as the 1977 Hobbit production. Some consider it the sequel to Bakshi's lord of the rings, but Rankin/Bass insists they always intended to make it as a sequel to their production of the Hobbit, skipping the first two books.

The Bakshi film is a pretty solid adaptation, but I usually don't like rotoscope and there is some cheesy stuff in it. The Rankin/Bass movies are crap.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Lehooo

Post by Lehooo »

Felstaff wrote:Seeing as this thread has been necromanticised, I thought I'd address an old post by a reader who hasn't been online in 7 months...
Lehooo wrote:An animated Hobbit? I didn't know that existed! Yeah, I guess it would be kind of long...
http://tolkiengeek.blogspot.com/2005/07 ... th-it.html

^Contains complete YouTubisation of The Hobbit (1977). Yeesh. It's poor, new-age hippy crap.
I feel bad now... I have neglected this forum completely and I'll try to better myself!
Thanks for the link, the description of the film seems vaguely familiar, I might have seen it long ago and forgotten about it. I'll check out the whole thing later.