[2011-Jun-18] Overview of Geeklipses

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Tantalus_

[2011-Jun-18] Overview of Geeklipses

Post by Tantalus_ »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2280

I've just read the latest comic the second time and I've noticed something disturbing. Shouldn't there be "Star Wars" instead of "Star Trek" in the votey? Or did I just miss the joke. Explain me what I didn't get, because I highly doubt a geek of his status would commit such a terrible, terrible faux pa.

PS. Sorry for posting as a guest, I've just registered and ain't got my account active.

PPS. Long time reader, first time posting. SMBC is so far my favourite comic, youtube channel and meal for a good start of a weekend.

PPPS. Sorry for any spelling errors already done and inevitably done in the future. I consider myself to be fluent english user, but I'm polish so what do I know...

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Re: Overview of Geeklipses [18 June 2011]

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Tantalus_ wrote:I've just read the latest comic the second time and I've noticed something disturbing. Shouldn't there be "Star Wars" instead of "Star Trek" in the votey? Or did I just miss the joke. Explain me what I didn't get, because I highly doubt a geek of his status would commit such a terrible, terrible faux pas.
Er, that was the joke. He was trying to defuse an uncomfortable situation and he just made it worse.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Tantalus_ wrote:I've just read the latest comic the second time and I've noticed something disturbing. Shouldn't there be "Star Wars" instead of "Star Trek" in the votey? Or did I just miss the joke. Explain me what I didn't get, because I highly doubt a geek of his status would commit such a terrible, terrible faux pa.
I'm pretty she's the geek and the fundamental incompatibility is that he doesn't get nerd culture at all, thus mixing up Star Wars and Star Trek.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Zach needs to stop inverting the stereotype like this 'cause people really aren't getting it.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Loraxxe

Post by Loraxxe »

A preference for RotJ indicates serious deficiencies. It's basically a kiddie movie, so the dude is either a manchild or lying. Not that caring about Star Wars that much is a good sign anyway -- ESB is just adult for a Star Wars movie.

And OP, your only misspelling, that I noticed anyway, was in French: pa instead of pas.

Tantalus_

Post by Tantalus_ »

Loraxxe wrote:A preference for RotJ indicates serious deficiencies. It's basically a kiddie movie, so the dude is either a manchild or lying. Not that caring about Star Wars that much is a good sign anyway -- ESB is just adult for a Star Wars movie.
Thanks for clarifying that. My knowledge about Star Wars saga is pretty close to non-existant, I was always more of a Trekkie. Probably thats why I missed the whole point.
Loraxxe wrote:And OP, your only misspelling, that I noticed anyway, was in French: pa instead of pas.
How silly of me. Of course its "pas", I always remembered that because Piers Anthony made a language joke about it in one of Xanth books I read as a kid ;).Anyways, thanks for pointing that out.

So, as James would say, problem solved!

//EOT (?)

Proffessor Smartwizz

Post by Proffessor Smartwizz »

Tantalus_ wrote: I always remembered that
Quite obviously not.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Zach needs to write what we tell him to in his comics because we are obviously much funnier and know better than him and also it is supposed to be srs business. Serious Morning Business Comics, anyone?
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:Zach needs to write what we tell him to in his comics because we are obviously much funnier and know better than him and also it is supposed to be srs business. Serious Morning Business Comics, anyone?
This is the internet, the biggest audience ever. We don't have any room for performers!

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

We're all clowns anyway.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I, for one, don't have any talents whatsoever. Well, except for the eyebrow thing.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.