[2011-Jun-24] Ethical wars

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Re: Ethical wars [2011-Jun-24]

Post by Eisbreaker »

Astrogirl wrote:How does this "modern" "organised" religion in any way differ from old unorganised religions ... whatever these are?
Spontaneously worshiping whatever celestial body was most visible at the moment... ah, those were the days...
Astrogirl wrote:
Eisbreaker wrote:That technology exists already, though, in the form of Android and iPhone apps...
Our priorities are kinda sad.
What on earth is sad about this?!
Somewhere out there, someone has discovered a cure for cancer... and is selling it as milkshake.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

gavin
A Disappointment.

Post by gavin »

Eisbreaker wrote:
Astrogirl wrote:
Eisbreaker wrote:That technology exists already, though, in the form of Android and iPhone apps...
Our priorities are kinda sad.
What on earth is sad about this?!
Somewhere out there, someone has discovered a cure for cancer... and is selling it as milkshake.
Is it a good milkshake?
;-)

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

It's a non-metastasizing milkshake.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

37monkey

Post by 37monkey »

This reminded me of "Future Shocks" these were short stories in the "2000ad" mag/comic, (it's a british publication)

Post by Guest »

Dear Zach,

You never cease to impress me with your ingenuity. Please continue drawing incredible comics.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

ReggarBlane wrote:Capitalists, nothing. What about ǧihādists? At least, Capitalists are independent and serve self-specified ethics instead of one single set of codes that everyone (including all others whether or not they agree) must follow that set of codes without any open thought to alternatives that could inspire people to grow and to face the good and bad consequences of their own actions and inactions instead of shifting the blame to some "system" or "religion" or "cult" as they're simply doing what they were told to do by other elitists who thought they knew better than everyone else. *inhales* I really need to learn how to split sentences better than I do.
Right, because there are no religious capitalists whose religious morals/ethics play a part in their conduct.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Please, people. He spelled jihadists with diacrtitics. Clearly he has a deeper understanding of the issue than we do.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

fryguy

Post by fryguy »

Bizarro world? Drom's is way better! Plus, not run by a drug dealer.

Chiatroll

Post by Chiatroll »

Shouldn't panel five be say designers not definers?

(also I feel when the question is "What is the first name of Zach's wife?", then, "Jesus! Why the hell should I know. What am I, Zack's motherfucking stalker?" is a valid answer.)

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Please, people. He spelled jihadists with diacrtitics. Clearly he has a deeper understanding of the issue than we do.
Well that's how they spell it in Arabic, right??
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Chiatroll wrote:(also I feel when the question is "What is the first name of Zach's wife?", then, "Jesus! Why the hell should I know. What am I, Zack's motherfucking stalker?" is a valid answer.)
My original response was indeed something along the lines of "How the bloody fuck should I know?".
Still, it's a pretty good counter-spam measure because spambots can't use Google. I dread the day they will.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Chiatroll wrote:(also I feel when the question is "What is the first name of Zach's wife?", then, "Jesus! Why the hell should I know. What am I, Zack's motherfucking stalker?" is a valid answer.)
Eisbreaker wrote:My original response was indeed something along the lines of "How the bloody fuck should I know?".
Still, it's a pretty good counter-spam measure because spambots can't use Google. I dread the day they will.
Everybody point at these people and laugh at them for not reading the FAQ.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Does the first question in the FAQ happen to be "Whoah, there's a FAQ?"

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Eisbreaker wrote:Does the first question in the FAQ happen to be "Whoah, there's a FAQ?"
That's not really a question.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

It has a question mark. By the laws of the universe it is.