[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
SMBC Comics Forum • View topic - [2011-Jul-13] I'm keeping it warm with my face!

[2011-Jul-13] I'm keeping it warm with my face!

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Re: (7-13-11) I'm keeping it warm with my face!

Postby NumberFourtyThree » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:46 pm

I wasn't disagreeing that poverty is a major cause of violence, I was just saying it isn't the only cause of violence. Eliminating poverty would greatly reduce violence but wouldn't eliminate it entirely. As for hunter gatherer societies, warfare in them would often result in entire tribes being wiped out. As for non-warfare related violence, there don't really exist any reliable studies or good data about that, as it is difficult when those societies contain so few people and they aren't in regular contact with authorities that keep statistics.
NumberFourtyThree

Postby gavin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:05 pm

;-)
gavin
A Disappointment.

Postby DonRetrasado » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:50 pm

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Postby NumberFourtyThree » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:12 pm

NumberFourtyThree

Postby Kaharz » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:46 pm

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Postby gavin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:18 pm

;-)
gavin
A Disappointment.

Postby Smrt Man » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:46 pm

So basically you guys are saying we need to produce more hentai games featuring western characters. I think you're on to something.
Smrt Man

Postby smiley_cow » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Native Americans rarely actually wiped out entire tribes. There were usually survivors who just ended up getting absorbed into other tribes. A good example of this is the Huron and the Iroquois. History books often tell you the Iroquois wiped out the entire Huron nation, except for the fact that they're still around and have since reformed back into their own nation.

Not really entirely caught up on the debate, I just like talking about Canadian history when I get the chance.
smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Postby gavin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Touching on the comic for this day, I thought I'd say that the last bit with the thief keeping her mask warm with his face is one of the best bits I've seen for awhile.
;-)
gavin
A Disappointment.

Postby NumberFourtyThree » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:27 pm

Also to bring up another issue, in the comics Superman didn't just save relatively small groups of people, on a number of occasion he prevented something from destroying the world entirely. He couldn't do that if society would collapse when he stopped cranking the generator.
NumberFourtyThree

Postby Eisbreaker » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:33 pm

With enough energy, they don't need superman's powers. They can laser that muthafukin asteroid headed for earth.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.
Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Postby NumberFourtyThree » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:45 am

It's not just a matter of large threats coming from outer space. He has stopped villains on the Earths surface whose plans could have somehow destroyed the world, and even beings on other planets who threatened to unmake reality itself. In many cases a giant laser would not be able to substitute for his heroics.
NumberFourtyThree

Postby Eisbreaker » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:54 am

A large enough laser is always adequate substitute for heroics.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.
Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Postby smiley_cow » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:02 am

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Postby Gangler » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:40 am

Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.
Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Comic Discussion 3: Revenge of the Son of Latest Comic Discussion 2