[2011-Jul-13] I'm keeping it warm with my face!

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Re: (7-13-11) I'm keeping it warm with my face!

Postby Edminster » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:04 am

Gangler wrote:I'm entirely in agreement with Luthor on that one.

You've never read All-Star Superman, have you? It pretty handily refutes this.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Postby Gangler » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Edminster wrote:You've never read All-Star Superman, have you?

I have not. Truth be told I actually just pick up a superman comic once in a while when I see something's going on with Lex. Not really a fan of the rest of all that.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.
Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Postby Yep » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Edminster wrote:
Gangler wrote:I'm entirely in agreement with Luthor on that one.

You've never read All-Star Superman, have you? It pretty handily refutes this.

How so?
Yep

Postby NumberFourtyThree » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:02 am

When you factor in how the way technology uses energy is in most cases never 100% efficient, any laser powered by Superman's arms cranking a generator will be less powerful than Superman's punch. That laser isn't going to defeat Darkseid.
NumberFourtyThree

Postby Gangler » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:43 am

NumberFourtyThree wrote:When you factor in how the way technology uses energy is in most cases never 100% efficient, any laser powered by Superman's arms cranking a generator will be less powerful than Superman's punch. That laser isn't going to defeat Darkseid.

Well not with one shot no. We're not talking about a 1 on 1 fight though. We're talking about a war. The thousand nations of the earthian empire would descend upon him. Our lasers would blot out the sun.

Plus keep in mind the applications of energy in combat aren't limited to lasers. We could have all manner of cutting and shooting devices. Plus while the energy use would be less efficient, the laser could use more energy and focus it on a smaller point creating a much more destructive shot than superman's punch.

Plus unlike superman, the generator would be capable of protecting all of earth at once. While superman can only be in one place at a time the generator would arm every human soldier with cutting edge weaponry capable of defending against darkseid's mighty armies.

Then we factor in energy storage. All the excess energy that superman provides during peaceful years would presumably be kept in batteries for when it was needed.

As a whole the generator would be a much more versatile tool than superman himself is. We could tailor it to our needs at the moment. There'd be no reason for the generator to rely on simple head to head 1 on 1 brute force in the battle against darkseid. The notions of going punch for punch with darkseid doesn't really exist with the generator, though I suppose if we desperately wanted to we could use it to fuel a power suit which would require more energy to do the same as superman but perhaps utilize it in more clever ways than his alien physiology and waste less on things not needed for combat and give it to an actual combat expert rather than a farmboy, and then I guess we could supercharge it with some of those peace batteries if it still wasn't up to the task. Though why you'd want to put all your eggs in one basket like that is beyond me.

Edit: I also feel the need to point out that force isn't even necessarily needed to defeat darkseid. Need I point out that in The Justice League Unlimited Lex Luthor defeated Darkseid using only his wit? Well wit and an alien with deus ex machina running through his veins willing to teleport Luthor to the edge of the universe, but mostly wit.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.
Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Previous

Return to Latest Comic Discussion 3: Revenge of the Son of Latest Comic Discussion 2