My Hero

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

My Hero

Post by ZachWeiner »

I was gassing up today after dropping a friend at the airport.

As I was waiting for the car to fill up, I saw a hotel van pull away from the gas station. Well, specifcally, I heard it pull away. Well, specifically, I heard the sound of a gas tube being yanked out of its socket, as the nozzle end was still connected to the van's gas tank.

The best part? The driver insouciantly exits the vehicle, takes out the hose, tolds it over once or twice to improve its portability, then lays it beside the pump from which it came.

AWESOME.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Re: My Hero

Post by TwoBuy »

It's a good thing most gas stations have cameras looking at the license plates of vehicles getting gas these days. Hopefully they can find the guy and give him what he deserves.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

It would've been better if he sat there trying to fix it. Like he got some duct tape out of his trunk or some such.

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

Matches?
"Is the multitude of laughters mine alone?"

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

I believe that doing nothing in that situation is way better than actually trying to fix things. I mean, what can you do anyway?
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

cheez.wiz wrote:I believe that doing nothing in that situation is way better than actually trying to fix things. I mean, what can you do anyway?
You could tell an employee. They guy was probably worried about being charged, but that wouldn't happen. I would say the guy has more culpability by driving away and not reporting the break than if he told someone.

Anyways, I just thought of a fun story that happened at a gas station that might amuse some.
I was pumping gas and at the end of the station, at the diesel pumps which are at the end for the larger trucks. At said pump was a flatbed tow truck (the one that hoists the car rather than dragging it). Perhaps a diagram would be useful.
Well, a rental truck (I'm pretty sure it was the 2.5 tonne type, 16 footer) comes around the corner, which is not at all tight, and ends up scraping the front of the tow truck. Naturally, the guy is inexperienced at driving a vehicle like this. So, the truck driver, who is naturally quite irritated, gives the guy instructions to get out of the very slow impact collision. Because moving forward was scraping the tow truck further, and naturally the tow truck driver is accustomed to driving such a large vehicle. That said, the rental driver doesn't listen, and causes more damage, and freeing himself. So the guy tells the truck driver he's going to pull around so they can share information and the like.
So he drives around the store where you pay and buy your sundries and while trying to park the guy does the exact same thing to the same tow truck again. The tow truck driver is absolutely livid. Alas, my tank is full by this point, and I don't want to gawk, so I mosey on out of there. Hilarious, though.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
cheez.wiz wrote:I believe that doing nothing in that situation is way better than actually trying to fix things. I mean, what can you do anyway?
You could tell an employee. They guy was probably worried about being charged, but that wouldn't happen. I would say the guy has more culpability by driving away and not reporting the break than if he told someone.

Anyways, I just thought of a fun story that happened at a gas station that might amuse some.
I was pumping gas and at the end of the station, at the diesel pumps which are at the end for the larger trucks. At said pump was a flatbed tow truck (the one that hoists the car rather than dragging it). Perhaps a diagram would be useful.
Well, a rental truck (I'm pretty sure it was the 2.5 tonne type, 16 footer) comes around the corner, which is not at all tight, and ends up scraping the front of the tow truck. Naturally, the guy is inexperienced at driving a vehicle like this. So, the truck driver, who is naturally quite irritated, gives the guy instructions to get out of the very slow impact collision. Because moving forward was scraping the tow truck further, and naturally the tow truck driver is accustomed to driving such a large vehicle. That said, the rental driver doesn't listen, and causes more damage, and freeing himself. So the guy tells the truck driver he's going to pull around so they can share information and the like.
So he drives around the store where you pay and buy your sundries and while trying to park the guy does the exact same thing to the same tow truck again. The tow truck driver is absolutely livid. Alas, my tank is full by this point, and I don't want to gawk, so I mosey on out of there. Hilarious, though.
so it seems to me the moral of this story is that you drive a shiny, red truck?... i thought Canadians all drove smart cars or priuses or mopeds

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

or a segway.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

ruotwocone wrote:so it seems to me the moral of this story is that you drive a shiny, red truck?... i thought Canadians all drove smart cars or priuses or mopeds
I don't, no. I was driving my Dad's truck ine period between when my crappy '94 Tempo broke down and when I picked up my much nicer '95 standard Mystique. My dad's truck is shiny and red, though.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

you forget, some canadians are lumberjacks, and thats ok. they drive big trucks to carry all their lumber!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

mountainmage wrote:you forget, some canadians are lumberjacks, and thats ok. they drive big trucks to carry all their lumber!
And for some Canadians, buying a truck is their equivalent to a mid-life crisis vehicle. For some, that is.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

still waiting for people to get the reference. (unless someone has, and I'm the oblivious one.)

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

mountainmage wrote:still waiting for people to get the reference. (unless someone has, and I'm the oblivious one.)
i'm confident that everybody got it, but just ignored it.