Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

patrickd314

[2011-Aug-13] Years earlier ...

Post by patrickd314 »

Missing the Point

Re: 13 August 2011: Years earlier ...

Post by Missing the Point »

I don't even understand what's going on in that comic. Is the punchline that she's dead?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Missing the Point wrote:I don't even understand what's going on in that comic.
I think that's the point of Doonesbury.
Is the punchline that she's dead?
I think it's that they are disappointed that customer service is dead, and that retail workers don't even see them.
But that's meeting the comic more than halfway.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I had to read it three times before (I thought) I understood it. I thought the joke was that they're old and no one cares about old people.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Quintushalls

Post by Quintushalls »

Super Pals, please include the link to the comic so I don't have to go searching through the archive: http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2336

There were no shoulder boobs in the Doonesbury comic. I am disappoint.

Captain Gerbil

Post by Captain Gerbil »

They tried to flirt with the check-stand girl. She didn't even notice. They are old and therefore their seed is weak and all women know it. It makes them mildly sad, because they used to like to flirt. The comic is not funny, but the punchline is that this has just started happening to the thinner, better looking guy, but has been happening for a long time for the fat guy.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Captain Gerbil wrote:They tried to flirt with the check-stand girl. She didn't even notice. They are old and therefore their seed is weak and all women know it. It makes them mildly sad, because they used to like to flirt. The comic is not funny, but the punchline is that this has just started happening to the thinner, better looking guy, but has been happening for a long time for the fat guy.
Both of them look equally fat to me. I'm thinking they're a father and son, not fat friend & good looking friend.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

Freud

Post by Freud »

Captain Gerbil wrote:They tried to flirt with the check-stand girl. She didn't even notice. They are old and therefore their seed is weak and all women know it. It makes them mildly sad, because they used to like to flirt. The comic is not funny, but the punchline is that this has just started happening to the thinner, better looking guy, but has been happening for a long time for the fat guy.
Intradesting, intradesting. I must write zees down immediately.