Mario Bros champion

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

marTAY

Mario Bros champion

Post by marTAY »

That's right. I am the undisputed champion of Mario Bros Classic. Zach lost every match (except, technically he didn't lose the few matches where he turned off the game just as he was losing that last life because we didn't ACTUALLY see him dead..).

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Well the guy can do some incredible things with his tongue. So I'm not surprised.
Not a big fan of signatures.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Jaydee wrote:I'm glad you see the good qualities, just as well as I. I always believed on my Nintendo 64, Mario Karts, that Yoshi was the fastest... but applying it to this situation just makes me slightly sad. :(
bowser/DK were the fastest (top speed), they just accelerated slowly. Not that anyone keeps track of that stuff though

Spruce Moose

Post by Spruce Moose »

ruotwocone wrote:
Jaydee wrote:I'm glad you see the good qualities, just as well as I. I always believed on my Nintendo 64, Mario Karts, that Yoshi was the fastest... but applying it to this situation just makes me slightly sad. :(
bowser/DK were the fastest (top speed), they just accelerated slowly. Not that anyone keeps track of that stuff though
I did. I used Yoshi anyway, because with all those items being thron around, it was a bitch to reach that top speed.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Spruce Moose wrote:I did. I used Yoshi anyway, because with all those items being thron around, it was a bitch to reach that top speed.
For me it was very dependant on who I was playing. Against the computer I usually use the heavies because the computer sucks at slowing you down and you can use the weight to push the others off the course. Against other people, I normally used Mario/Luigi because they could still push around and out-top-speed the lightweights (the favorites of most people I've encountered). I've found the acceleration doesn't matter too much once you're decent at power turns because you can get the 2-3 turbos per turn and get to max speed quickly.

I will say that I very much miss the coins from the original mario kart. It made it rewarding to be more tactical, bumping other people at the right time, going off the race-line, etc. It also made it really fun for rainbow road and the ghost track because you could shove people off the course who were going for the dangerous coins.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Personally, I play the GameCube version, mainly because I have no real access to a 64. I usually choose a combo of Toad and the flying Koopa Troopa. With the speed bursts from the former and triple red shells of the latter, I kick some ass. I hate playing against the big guys like DK and Bowser, partially because of their speed, but mostly because on tracks like Rainbow Road, they bump you and you are off the course. Especially as you are playing the higher speeds, particularly in mirror mode.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Having not long ago won a Double Dash tournament* at a Nintendo convention**, I feel like I should put my opinion down on this. I have the same characters as lethal actually, and go in the red shell kart. Or the haxxx golden kart. But I don't usually go that because it's haxxx. Also heavy characters just get destroyed usually, they just don't have the maneuverability that they need in the game. Also their acceleration makes them so easy to just smack down with pretty much anything. Good acceleration beats good top speed anyday in doubledash. If you're coming last or close to you get such good items that your top speed doesn't really matter. Just get around the corners and whatknot. And knock up dem fatties***.

*Yeah I'm pretty awesome.
**I got knocked out in the second round of the Smash Brothers tournament which I actually went there for. But only because people are lame and annoying. And it had the least competitive rules. I wanted to kick the organiser. Although there were a few really good players.
***LolFatties!

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

super smash bros melee or old skool n64 smash? because i am undeafeated as kirby in the n64 version.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Melee, of course. Old school smash brothers is so slow. Kirby used to be my favourite though. I'd like to see your undefeated record go up against my Japanese student we had staying with us for a while. He didn't have a gamecube at home. So we showed him Melee, and of course beat him up good. But then he convinced us to play old school SSB and kirby'd the shit out of us. It seems to me this kirby+winning thing is a good combo. just like Marth is a hax up winner in melee. Although characters like Cpt Falcon and sheik can put up a fight, he's still a win character. Personally I play quite a few characters, switching between Samus, Cpt falcon, Zelda (not sheik), and Ness. Also Mewteo sometimes, although he's really hard to play with.

Yep, true story.

Tim adds how great he is at Bowser. He totally beat up a whole lot of Marths at the tournament, it was sweet, you should've been there.*

*I'm just typing what he's saying over my shoulder

Spruce Moose

Post by Spruce Moose »

Few things piss me off like trying to make Smash Bros, of any iteration a competitive fighting game competition...

Also, I too like the koopas in double dash. And the Dry Bones in DS. Gotta love turtles in pop culture.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

in melee, i play samus, link, and mewtwo. but overall i'm best with link (but not that amazing that i could win a tournament with him)
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Interestingly, I prefer N64 Smash Brothers much more than Gamecube. I feel like they just added too much stuff to the Gamecube version.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

I got to play that double-dash thing over the weekend and liked it. Mostly because it allows co-op play which is one of only two types of video gaming I play with any regularity (the other being very long, turn-based strategy games).

I found my favorite pairing to be Mario with baby Mario in back. We had enough weight to bump with most people, but also that sweet ball-and-chain thing (which did get us killed many, many times too. But that's part of the fun).
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?