Formal Inappropriateness

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

What dresses should be most considered for formals?

Formal
36%
Informal
9%
Glad wrap
55%

Total votes: 11

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Believe it or not, I prefer to go full formal at these functions. There's just something nice about getting all snazzy and hanging out with other sharp-dressed people. Though I definitely knew people who went your route. My vote's on formal though.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Jusskah

Post by Jusskah »

Personally, I thought the entitlement 'Formal' was an apt name, because... you know.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I wore a nice bright orange maitre d' style vest, a bowler and made myself a nice pimp cane with a matching bright orange ball on the top of it*. Nominated for best dressed, but didn't win**.

*There was also a shirt and pants, naturally. Nothing special about them, though.

** Actually, because of the maitre d' style, it kind of looks like suspenders, which brings me to my next point... One of these days I want to go to a real halloween party and get a cod piece, suspenders and black makeup, change up the cane, and go as Alex from A Clockwork Orange. Due to the orange color and the somewhat look of suspenders, I had several people make comments to me mentioning something to the effect.

Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

I'm goin with Tubby-bye-bye here, because any excuse to wear a snazzy hat is a good enough one for me
I am the Illegitemate Father of Genetics
mountainmage wrote: anchorman was good, but you really need to see "The Grammar Police vs. Shut The Hell Up"

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Crusty wrote:any excuse to wear a snazzy hat is a good enough one for me
seconded

Ulfednar

Post by Ulfednar »

Hell, go wild! Had i gone to such things, i'd have worn full leather and corpse make-up. And probably gotten beaten up repeatedly.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:go as Alex from A Clockwork Orange.
I've been meaning to do that as a costume for a number of years now but have never had enough foresight to actually plan a costume out until the day before and it never worked out.
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
Oh

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

I'm all about a mix of both.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Hal

Post by Hal »

cheez.wiz wrote:I'm all about a mix of both.
The reversible tux / pimp coat. Perfect for all occasions.

On one side, formal black...on the other, rainbow colored leopard print.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Hal wrote:
cheez.wiz wrote:I'm all about a mix of both.
The reversible tux / pimp coat. Perfect for all occasions.

On one side, formal black...on the other, rainbow colored leopard print.
Or just a classy tux vest with a pair of jeans. Perfect for any occasion with a shirt that opens on a same colored t-shirt. I prefer white, but just any color might do.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

TwoBuy wrote:I've been meaning to do that as a costume for a number of years now but have never had enough foresight to actually plan a costume out until the day before and it never worked out.
That's pretty much it. I just haven't ever had a friend who had some party that would facilitate this. My halloween plans are usually rather spontaneous if anything. Actually, I don't think I've dressed up for many a year. Probably not since I've seen the movie, and certainly not since I acquired a bowler for Christmas one year.
I do recall that one of the earlier Simpson's Treehouse of Horror specials had Bart dressed up as Alex, though.
cheez.wiz wrote:Or just a classy tux vest with a pair of jeans. Perfect for any occasion with a shirt that opens on a same colored t-shirt. I prefer white, but just any color might do.
Or even without the shirt underneath...

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I do recall that one of the earlier Simpson's Treehouse of Horror specials had Bart dressed up as Alex, though.
THATS what it was. I knew I had seen someone else do it. The only thing I could come up with though was one of the homestar Halloween deals, but I couldn't find it.
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Fake grass costume? That's fantastic!