[2011-Aug-26] Who's on Boron?

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

ChaoticBrain
[ASK] me about supple pony flanks

Re: Who's on Boron? Aug 26 2011

Post by ChaoticBrain »

Chem wrote:Ok I looked it up and you're right. Unhexhexium, strangely, is totally legit
Not really. Unhexhexium, along with the rest of the elements above 112, use stand-in names until such time where they gain enough notability to be deserving of real names. Until then, they remain uncreatively named after the digits of their atomic numbers. While some of these elements have been synthesized in very low quantities, 166 has not.

BoomDeadAlien

Post by BoomDeadAlien »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unhexhexium

The naming standards for element 166 would be Uhh - Unhexhexium.

Not an error, the name is simply derived from the element's number, Uhh is funnier than Uuh so element 166 was used instead of 116.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

bfuller181 wrote:So, take a bunch of preexisting periodic table puns that have recently become popular as part of an internet meme (Chemistry Cat) and expect props because you dragged it out for 57 panels? I'm normally a huge fan, but this one limboed under the usually high bar set here.
I like to think that Zach is smart enough not to expect props from his comments section.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

ScottyDoesntMow

Post by ScottyDoesntMow »

Wait... there's 58 panels...

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

This comic was exceptionally awesome. I've been kinda fed up with excessively long, moderately funny SMBC comics lately. Zach is, of course, thoroughly redeemed by being adorable in SMBC Theater. But I digress, because the cleverness of this excessively long, classically funny comic has amused me to no end. I love Who's On First and, incidentally, most playoffs of Who's On First. It brought to mind memories of seventh grade when my favorite outcast Indian kid friend did the entire skit, playing both characters. Also, Jews on First is a good name. But I digress again, because my point was just that this comic reminded me of the single panels of old. Somehow by being 58 panels, it equals out to being a single panel kinda joke. Makes no sense, but whatever. Proper way to laugh at this comic: Hydrogen and Argon and Hydrogen and Argon and Hydrogen and Argon.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

MeisterKleister

Post by MeisterKleister »

Noone seemed to mention that this and the SMBC Theatre video posted here are both base on the baseball sketch "Who's on first?" most famous by Abbott and Costello.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

Quintushalls

Post by Quintushalls »

Regardless of content, I just want to say that 57 colored panels is damn impressive, even with some minor repetition.

person

Post by person »

MeisterKleister wrote:Noone seemed to mention that this and the SMBC Theatre video posted here are both base on the baseball sketch "Who's on first?" most famous by Abbott and Costello.

the name of this thread is "Who's on Boron"

1. people actually did mention it (see: the guy who said how much he liked Who's on First and all related sketches)

2. even if it hadn't been mentioned, it didn't need to be. everyone got it. it's a famous sketch.

@_@

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Re: [2011-Aug-26] Who's on Boron?

Post by Gangler »

We weren't trying to keep it a secret or anything.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

Quintushalls

Post by Quintushalls »

Gangler wrote:We weren't trying to keep it a secret or anything.
Speak for yourself! I've also got Firefly Season 2.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I'd settle for the end of Season 1.
King Prawn

Big

Post by Big »

Kimra wrote:I'd settle for the end of Season 1.
Quintushalls wrote:
Gangler wrote:We weren't trying to keep it a secret or anything.
Speak for yourself! I've also got Firefly Season 2.
Please stop, before I cry.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

person wrote:
MeisterKleister wrote:Noone seemed to mention that this and the SMBC Theatre video posted here are both base on the baseball sketch "Who's on first?" most famous by Abbott and Costello.

the name of this thread is "Who's on Boron"

1. people actually did mention it (see: the guy who said how much he liked Who's on First and all related sketches)

2. even if it hadn't been mentioned, it didn't need to be. everyone got it. it's a famous sketch.

@_@
Well said, person.

exodusofficer

Post by exodusofficer »

As a biochem major, this is by far the funniest SMBC I've ever read. I could barely sit up I was laughing so hard.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

exodusofficer wrote:As a biochem major, this is by far the funniest SMBC I've ever read. I could barely sit up I was laughing so hard.
Is it just me or is the audience becoming less wide and less diverse?
King Prawn