[2011-Sep-15] Distract 23 Nerds

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Re: [2011-Sep-15] Distract 23 Nerds

Post by Gangler »

I don't think a lot of people use wrist-watches anymore. I still wear mine, but we'll see what happens when the ancient and slow piece of junk finally breaks down for good. Might downgrade to a pocket-watch actually, since at this point the watch is more a stylistic choice than anything else. Something I use out of habit rather than because there's actually any benefit in doing so.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Guest wrote:Also, I can lick my own elbow.
Big deal, I can lick your elbow too.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

I have been wishing I still had a wristwatch on a daily basis of late.
I should totally buy one or something.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Using a wrist-watch is much easier than checking the time on your cell phone. It also makes you look like an adult.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

I wish my phone was round so I could pretend it was a pocket watch.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I wish my phone displayed the time.
Oh wait.
The oh wait is because I realised it's about time to get rid of this shitty phone.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

DonRetrasado wrote:Using a wrist-watch is much easier than checking the time on your cell phone. It also makes you look like an adult.
This really depends on the wristwatch.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Watches are way easier to handle than stupid phones. But then I don't act like a phone is an essential part of my life.
King Prawn

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

I forgot my watch at home and it's been impossible to find a new one in this giant city.
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

My phone is ridiculouly old, and it's most advanced feature is a slightly more demanding game than snake (you have to steer a car using left and right arrows), so I prefer to keep my phone in my pocket unless I have to, and stick to a wristwatch.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I used to almost never wear a watch. For some stupid reason I got in the habit of wearing it on my right wrist, and I'm right handed, so it always got in my way. Prior to cellphones, I just never knew exactly what time it was when I was not somewhere there was a clock. I usually didn't need to know what time it was though, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Now though, I'm thinking I need a watch. I don't usually take my phone hiking with me, and when I do it is usually turned off and buried in my pack. So it is kind of a pain to check the time when trying to decide if I should head back or if I can squeeze a few more miles in before the park service tickets my car. The school administration won't allow clocks in our chemistry lab for some baffling reason, and I don't really like having my cell phone out to use as a timer in chem lab.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Kaharz wrote:The school administration won't allow clocks in our chemistry lab for some baffling reason, and I don't really like having my cell phone out to use as a timer in chem lab.
I'd think phones would be the ones not allowed in the lab, if anything, what with the minor cellular radiation and all that jizz.
Could they be afraid that you would rig the clock to make a bomb?

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Post by Gangler »

Someone set up us the clock. All your phones are belong to us. You have to chance to check the time.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Using a wrist-watch is much easier than checking the time on your cell phone. It also makes you look like an adult.
This really depends on the wristwatch.
It doubles as a calculator!
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Eisbreaker wrote:I'd think phones would be the ones not allowed in the lab, if anything, what with the minor cellular radiation and all that jizz.
Could they be afraid that you would rig the clock to make a bomb?
Yea, the policy of phones having to be turned off in most other classrooms so students don't spend their time playing games, texting and cheating and then having to use one in lab to tell the time seems rather idiotic. But that is college administrators for you. Apparently they think clocks will ruin the look of the room. Cause you know, in a lab it is all about style, function should be secondary.

I ended up getting a belt clip watch. It doesn't get in my way, is more accessible than my phone, it was considerably cheaper than a wristwatch of similar quality and people can wonder why I'm looking at my crotch.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.