Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

GirlsDontDoThat wrote:
TimCo wrote:Full pic here.

edit: FIXED.

Your avatar looks like the comic Silent Bob character from the Clerks Animated Series.
I guess, but far more solemn.

GirlsDontDoThat
YesTheyDo

Post by GirlsDontDoThat »

TwoBuy wrote:
GirlsDontDoThat wrote:Clerks Animated Series.
You, sir*, have ruined my day.

*or ma'am. I suppose it's possible.
Hey, Hey, I didn't like the series either. Or the second movie for that matter. I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.
:roll:
"Everyone needs a good uncle. I can be your uncle."

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

GirlsDontDoThat wrote:
TwoBuy wrote:
GirlsDontDoThat wrote:Clerks Animated Series.
You, sir*, have ruined my day.

Hey, Hey, I didn't like the series either. Or the second movie for that matter. I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.
The series wasn't great, but it was definitely better than most tripe on TV. In other words, I wish it didn't get canceled, though I don't care all that much.
And I liked parts of Clerks 2, but overall, it was one of my least favourite Kevin Smith movies.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

GirlsDontDoThat wrote:I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.
Exactly the problem. I was happy not knowing the thing existed.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

GirlsDontDoThat
YesTheyDo

Lethal Interjection wrote:
GirlsDontDoThat wrote:
TwoBuy wrote: You, sir*, have ruined my day.

The series wasn't great, but it was definitely better than most tripe on TV. In other words, I wish it didn't get canceled, though I don't care all that much.
And I liked parts of Clerks 2, but overall, it was one of my least favourite Kevin Smith movies.
The Animated Series was definatly disappointing. But the the second movie was in an entirely other ballpark. It was just 2 hours of fart and tit jokes to make some dumbass teenagers laugh. At least the first movie had some clever banter.

Kevin Smith has disappointed me for the last time. ...Well, I'll give him one more shot.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

GirlsDontDoThat wrote:But the the second movie was in an entirely other ballpark. It was just 2 hours of fart and tit jokes to make some dumbass teenagers laugh. At least the first movie had some clever banter.

Kevin Smith has disappointed me for the last time. ...Well, I'll give him one more shot.
Guh. I'll bet you liked Chasing Amy too. Mallrats was his only movie that was funny all the way through.
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
Oh

GirlsDontDoThat
YesTheyDo

Guh. I'll bet you liked Chasing Amy too. Mallrats was his only movie that was funny all the way through.

No, I thought Chasing Amy was beyond stupid. And Mallrats was a chuckler, but there's no competition for the original Clerks. I thought it was absolutely hilarious the first time I saw it. But I was also 12.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

My ranking of them changes occasionally.
I really like Chasing Amy because it is poignant and yet has some hilarious parts (the Hooper X comicon scene is probably my favourite scene in any of his movies).
Dogma is fantastic. Ben Affleck's best work that I've seen, and Jason Lee is just completely flawless. Linda Fiorentino bugs me though.
Mallrats is really funny through and through. I would agree that it is his funniest work.
Clerks is great. But I find while it is less dick and fart than its sequel, I still find it a bit too raunchy at points for my liking. That said, it is his most brilliant work, and there are some really fantastic points.
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was really funny at parts, but most of that has to do with references back to the other movies. Its mostly brainless, which is fine, and I do enjoy it.
Clerks 2 had some great points, and as a sequel to Clerks, it was great. I just didn't like it very much. If you would take out the whole donkey show piece, I think I'd like it a whole lot more. I mean, to me it is really his most poignant work next to Amy.

I didn't include Jersey Girl because it's really different. I haven't seen it since the first time in theatres, but I did really enjoy it for a romantic comedy. Actually it would probably rank pretty high in that category for me.

GirlsDontDoThat
YesTheyDo

Someone has certainly done their homework!

And for the most part I agree with you 100%. I didn't like the "Every lesbian just needs a good dick" message that Chasing Amy sent.
And the mindless comedy that was Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back just really turns me off.
I think my favorite scene of Mallrats was any scene including the magic eye picture. I can never see those damned things either!

And Jersey Girl was just something new all together from what I saw. I have yet to actually have the time to sit down and watch it all the way through. So I don't feel I can comment on it.

But hey, don't read too much into what I'm saying. I recently saw Superbad and thought it was a waste of time. (Except for Mclovin and the scene where the fat kid tells the skinny kid about how he used to draw dicks on everything. Comic gold, man)

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:the Hooper X comicon scene is probably my favourite scene in any of his movies.
I am in surprising complete agreement. Jason Lee's outstanding comedy made that movie watchable; he just wasn't in it enough.
GirlsDontDoThat wrote:I didn't like the "Every lesbian just needs a good dick" message that Chasing Amy sent.
in response:
Banky wrote:Well, isn't that true?
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

GirlsDontDoThat
YesTheyDo

GirlsDontDoThat wrote:
I didn't like the "Every lesbian just needs a good dick" message that Chasing Amy sent.

in response:
Banky wrote:
Well, isn't that true?
I think it depends on the type of lesbian.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

just as an fyi for doing quotes if you want to put the person's name in you can do [quote = "insert name here"]quoted stuff[/quote] just without the spaces around the equals sign. also you can just hit the quote button on the upper right corner of the post you want to quote.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

ruotwocone wrote:just as an fyi for doing quotes if you want to put the person's name in...
I'm pretty sure she was just doing that to save on size of the post...*

*I swear to god if no one follows the rules on this ellipses I'm gunna be pissed.
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

GirlsDontDoThat
YesTheyDo

By the number of posts I've done, you can see I'm pretty new. :/ So I'm still getting the hang of it. I'm also sitting in my room trying to read a book while my boyfriend snores on the bed. So I'm a little frazzled.

But yeah, thanks for the info, I didn't know that. I'm not ashamed to say I'm a moron. :)

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

GirlsDontDoThat wrote:By the number of posts I've done, you can see I'm pretty new. :/ So I'm still getting the hang of it. I'm also sitting in my room trying to read a book while my boyfriend snores on the bed. So I'm a little frazzled.

But yeah, thanks for the info, I didn't know that. I'm not ashamed to say I'm a moron. :)
don't worry, took me over a month to figure it out. also snoring is easily murdered out of people. I'm just saying is all