[2011-Nov-29] Boob Tree

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Re: [2011-Nov-29] Boob Tree

Post by Gangler »

Xenophilius Lovegood wrote:
Hermione wrote:But that’s — I’m sorry, but that’s completely ridiculous!… I mean, you could claim that anything’s real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody’s proved it doesn’t exist!
Yes, you could, I am glad to see that you are opening your mind a little.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

Devilbob

Post by Devilbob »

I was just hoping for a picture of a boob tree in the "pop-up". Who's with me on that?

reed

Post by reed »

Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious or maybe nobody else here grew up in the southern US but this was a pretty common exchange when I was in school and a christianist was confused that I wasn't one of them:

Them (with a sincere straight face): "Well, if you don't believe in god then you must think that you are god."
Me: "Huh?"

JamesElliot

Post by JamesElliot »

I only just read this comic. Perhaps Zach and his readers would be interested to know that such a tree does exist (in a very limited sense).

I recently learnt about this tree in Vietnam called Vú Sữa. This name can literally be read as the breast (milk) tree: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysophyllum_cainito

To eat the fruit of this tree you have to roll and squeeze it in your hand until they are are soft as their name suggests. When you open it up the flesh has a sweet white milky subspace inside.