I need to pee a lot!
44%
Woops just had a blackout.
56%

Total votes: 9

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

cheez.wiz wrote: It is. Quebec should've separated a long time ago. But then again, we never did. So... yeah... Canadia... At least we still have the rockies?
Are you sincerely a proponent of Quebec seperation, or were you just making the joke? Out of curiousity...

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Nothing is really black or white you know?
I'd say i was doing a bit of both.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Except for some cookies.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Their black is kinda brown...
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

cheez.wiz wrote:Nothing is really black or white you know?
I'd say i was doing a bit of both.
A bit of sarcasm peppered with some truth, then? That's fair.
Personally, I have some vague sympathy with the separatist notion (unique culture, etc.), but it is such a sticky issue. Both with trying to resolve it without separation (how does your province get more say without taking it away from the rest? and similar issues) and with the implementation of separation if that were the chosen case. And any attempts at resolving it in the past have been so misguided and poorly done that it has made the tension of it now even worse (despite the fact that it is an issue that isn't as forefront right now).
Anyways, that was just the PoliSci major in me having to discuss (or rant about) the issues that were only hinted at.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

i too would like to see my country rearranged.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

I'd like to live in Jesusland though...

Guess i'd have to move if our countries were arranged that way...

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

cheez.wiz wrote:I'd like to live in Jesusland though...

And me? I'd probably move to Europe.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:And me? I'd probably move to Europe.
Yeah. Wouldn't want to live with a depreciating dollar after you've seen real money.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Lethal Interjection wrote:

The united states of Canadia are mainly "socially minded" states and provinces... Where would the problem be? Are you some sort of non-christian conservative? :shock:

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

cheez.wiz wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:

The united states of Canadia are mainly "socially minded" states and provinces... Where would the problem be? Are you some sort of non-christian conservative? :shock:
Actually, I'm more Christian conservative, but I have considerable problems with the religious right of America, if you must know. In other words, Bush is doing it very wrong. I like Harper and his small attempts at reform (of both the Senate and the Supreme Court), but I feel that consolidating with the Democratic states would create a country with too much focus on the Liberal agenda.*
Really, I'm kind of disillusioned with this whole electoral system of the North Americas. With the defeat of the the recent Ontario referendum on a new electoral system, I fear that I will always be stuck in a country where the majority of the voters will not have voted for the party in power. "First past the post" is garbage. Multi-party is the way I like my tea.

*Here I will cite Michael Moore's terrible ignorance. He came up here in one of the two more recent federal elections and said something to the effect of "We're trying to get our conservatives out of power in the U.S., and you are trying to get yours in!" which was said in a derogatory sense. His ignorance of Canadian politics was glaring. I mean, most of the Conservative Party are more like conservative Democrats than they are like Republicans (or at least the current climate of Republican). I didn't like him before that comment (fear-mongering reactionary that he is), but I felt like he raised some interesting discussion points, despite his misguidedness. Now I have no respect for him for making public his opinions on a political structure he clearly knows nothing about. I would fear that many American liberals would have a similar opinion and thus we would have continual Liberal governments, which I don't care for. I mean, I realize this is all moot anyways. It ain't happening, but I enjoy political discussion.

[/rant]

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:but I enjoy political discussion.
Me too. Though I'm with you. As much as I hate most major parties I would hate it more to live in a place with just one agenda. Washington state is like a mini-US with a strong liberal population on the coast in urban areas (about half the stat population) and a strong conservative population in the rural areas (taking up most of the land mass of the state). It means no one side gets too strong and you have to work together to get things done. I kinda like that.

That said, I vote libertarianmost the time, but not even they have everything right IMO.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Wouldn't that make you a hooker?*

*In Space Australia!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away