[2012-Apr-12] Blind people

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Spaceguy5

[2012-Apr-12] Blind people

Post by Spaceguy5 »

Fun fact: The mechanical pencils used on the space shuttle and the international space station were all made by blind people. Also, they have "Push action lead advance"--the box I bought told me so.

vhsaddict

Re: [2012-April-12] Blind people

Post by vhsaddict »

I really liked this one! A very old-school style to it.

JPJ007

Post by JPJ007 »

This is why I came into the forum. Thank you.

theguy2

Post by theguy2 »

I typed in the url manually. I read "1146" instead of "11146."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/1146/

I was quite confused.

Anonymous2

Post by Anonymous2 »

theguy2 wrote:I typed in the url manually. I read "1146" instead of "11146."

I was quite confused.
I did the exact some thing. Also, the intended link is hilarious. I lost it at "pig".

SamSam

Post by SamSam »

Anonymous2 wrote:
theguy2 wrote:I typed in the url manually. I read "1146" instead of "11146."

I was quite confused.
I did the exact some thing.

Oh me too me too!
Last edited by SamSam on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SamSam

Post by SamSam »

O.M.G. The comments under this thing are the most amazing thing ever, and make me dispair at humanity. (Click "more" to get the earlier comments. They are better/worse.)

Well trolled, Mr Weiner, well trolled.
Don't get Fig 1.1 or Fig 2.3... Fig 3.3 - there is quite clearly and penguin and a pig how can anyone have difficulty seeing that? The rest seems ok...stuff I've seen before.
etc.

Jewlian

Post by Jewlian »

I wish Zach would leave out 6-9. Troll needs to be a bit more subtle.

Destructicus

Post by Destructicus »

Zach hasn't quite figured out how to make optical illusions yet. I didn't need the caption to see both lines were equally thick, didn't see any grey squares at the corners etc.

Jewlian

Post by Jewlian »

Destructicus wrote:
Zach hasn't quite figured out how to make optical illusions yet. I didn't need the caption to see both lines were equally thick, didn't see any grey squares at the corners etc.
Exactly, and it's patently obvious that cubes can't exist.

Destructicus

Post by Destructicus »

SamSam wrote:
O.M.G. The comments under this thing are the most amazing thing ever, and make me dispair at humanity. (Click "more" to get the earlier comments. They are better/worse.)

Well trolled, Mr Weiner, well trolled.
Don't get Fig 1.1 or Fig 2.3... Fig 3.3 - there is quite clearly and penguin and a pig how can anyone have difficulty seeing that? The rest seems ok...stuff I've seen before.
etc.
Some even put effort into importing the images to photoshop, rather than applying critical thought:
Amazing. But wrong partially. the colors are not the same as he claims, I put them to photoshop and no, the bar is not he same color and the squares neither. Sorry to spoil the fun. Still a faszinating document.
Jewlian wrote:
Destructicus wrote:
Exactly, and it's patently obvious that cubes can't exist.
WTF are these "cubes" you speak of? Some sort of hypothetical three-dimensional version of a square?

SamSam

Post by SamSam »

Jewlian wrote:I wish Zach would leave out 6-9. Troll needs to be a bit more subtle.
I think not. Then the annoyed and confused comments from the peanut gallery wouldn't be quite as hilarious.

Plenty of people had to point out in the comments the important fact that one of the optical illusions wasn't a real illusion. (The rest of the illusions were fine though, thanks.)

Anyway, I dom't actually think trolling was the original intent (who would have even guessed it possible?). I think it was just supposed to be absurd and funny. (Rather like this....)

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Hahaha. YES! I was JUST talking to the Zach about the optical illusion page at ECCC and couldn't find the link. Epic.

Also, the impossible shape shown is a perfectly reasonable extra-dimensional hypocube
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

vhsaddict

Post by vhsaddict »

Jewlian wrote:I wish Zach would leave out 6-9. Troll needs to be a bit more subtle.
Hmm, I believe you may be slightly confused, see you seem to believe Zach's intention was to trick, or "troll" random people on the internet, whereas I feel he was making what is commonly known as a "joke".