[2012-Apr-22] G.U.T. Reaction

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

ChaoticBrain
[ASK] me about supple pony flanks

[2012-Apr-22] G.U.T. Reaction

Post by ChaoticBrain »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2588#comic

Because as we all know, proposed scientific terms have always stuck once proposed, and never underwent name changes.

Especially not Atomic Energy.

Spinalcold

Re: [2012-Apr-21] G.U.T. Reaction

Post by Spinalcold »

Although some bizarre ones stick, take the Penguin Diagram. It was invented after some physicists at CERN made a bet while drunk at a bar that the loser had to put the word penguin in their next paper. The loser came up with the diagram while on pot. Now, it's used in all sorts of particle physics.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Someone once asked one of my professors about tough movement (ex. "it is tough to solve this problem" cf. "this problem is tough to solve"). She said, "well, we were smoking a lot of drugs back then." It's actually called "tough movement" because it's difficult and doesn't make any sense. I dropped that class.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

The SCSI computer connector (skuzee) was intended by its creator to be pronounced "sexy".
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

DonRetrasado wrote:Someone once asked one of my professors about tough movement (ex. "it is tough to solve this problem" cf. "this problem is tough to solve"). She said, "well, we were smoking a lot of drugs back then." It's actually called "tough movement" because it's difficult and doesn't make any sense. I dropped that class.
The solution to the tough movement is more fibre.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Thanks! I'll pass that on to the department!
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

dauntless

Post by dauntless »

DonRetrasado wrote:Someone once asked one of my professors about tough movement (ex. "it is tough to solve this problem" cf. "this problem is tough to solve"). She said, "well, we were smoking a lot of drugs back then." It's actually called "tough movement" because it's difficult and doesn't make any sense. I dropped that class.
Why do people always end anecdotes like this with some kind of closure or finality? Was the "I dropped that class" really necessary, and did it add anything to the story? I doubt it was even true.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

it's because fuck your mother

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

dauntless wrote:
Why do people always end anecdotes like this with some kind of closure or finality? Was the "I dropped that class" really necessary, and did it add anything to the story? I doubt it was even true.
Why do people who have no knowledge of the subject and/or poster end their ridiculous rebuttals with statements of opinions with which they have no verification?
You must have had cornflakes for breakfast.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Hi
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.