Holidays

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Holidays

Post by mountainmage »

Did you have a good turkey day? What are your plans for christmas/hannukah/kwanza*? Are you getting any good gifts from your respective holidays?**

*Kwanza is a myth.
**I don't really care, but we have been far too silent.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

It has been rather dead this week(end). Alas, there has been no Thanksgiving for my Canadian self. And I've spent most of this weekend working and getting myself sick, apparently.
Not sure I'll make it in to work tomorrow. Frustratingly, I don't think I'll be able to catch much football either. Well, at least not NFL. Which is a pain, because I never get to catch it, as I most often work Sundays and Mondays (and this week even Thursday). And I don't know who has the CFL Grey Cup (The CFL's equivalent to Superbowl), but I'd imagine that'll usurp any NFL*.

*I do like that it is Winnipeg and Saskatchewan, though. I'd rather it be Toronto, but I have family in both those places, who are big fans of their respective teams, so good for them.**
**For those that know or care anything about Canadian Football.

GirlsDontDoThat
YesTheyDo

Post by GirlsDontDoThat »

Now that Thanksgiving is over, suddenly it's Christmas.

Son of a bitch.
"Everyone needs a good uncle. I can be your uncle."

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

It takes christians a loooong time to shop and set up decorations.*

*Also take them down
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

GirlsDontDoThat
YesTheyDo

mountainmage wrote:It takes christians a loooong time to shop and set up decorations.*

*Also take them down

Man, I need at least 200 for presents and shit. Ugh.

Also, I still have some Halloween decorations up outside my apartment.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Ipso Facto, christians are lazy in general.

GirlsDontDoThat
YesTheyDo

mountainmage wrote:Ipso Facto, christians are lazy in general.
Good thing I'm not Christian, just lazy.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Join the club.

GirlsDontDoThat
YesTheyDo

mountainmage wrote:Join the club.

only if i can do it from my couch.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

I actually didn't eat anything for Thanksgiving. I had the stomach flu a truly at no food the entire day (sleeping until 9pm helped). Fortunately I was healthy enough to play a Mud Bowl game yesterday (Sunday) which was awesome. Most of us have a nice limp now, so you know it was a good.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I got to watch football for once. I usually work on Sundays but I'm also feeling sick, so I called in. Unfortunately the games that were on TV in my neck of the woods were the Buffalo/Jacksonville game and the Arizona/SanFran game. The first one wasn't very good. But then they flipped over to the last two minutes of the Seattle game, so I got to see the Rams screw it all up. And then, speaking of screwing things up, the overtime nonsense in the Cards/49ers game was ridiculous (the game was pretty enjoyable, despite that I could care less about either team).

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I got to watch football for once. I usually work on Sundays but I'm also feeling sick, so I called in. Unfortunately the games that were on TV in my neck of the woods were the Buffalo/Jacksonville game and the Arizona/SanFran game. The first one wasn't very good. But then they flipped over to the last two minutes of the Seattle game, so I got to see the Rams screw it all up. And then, speaking of screwing things up, the overtime nonsense in the Cards/49ers game was ridiculous (the game was pretty enjoyable, despite that I could care less about either team).
indeed... the seahawks game was freakin' fantastic. Also i still hold that the seahawks would have held on 4th down even if the snap hadn't been bobbled

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Glad to hear some of you enjoyed your long-ish weekends.

Simon.
Simon.

This is the subject line

Post by Simon. »

We don't celebrate thanksgiving over here, so you're all wrong I guess. My weekend was awesome though. My girlfriend and my mates and I all went to Wedge island, an isolated fishing area where there are just tin shacks, lots of scrubland, huge sand dunes and a bright blue beach. It's an amazing place. We sat around there and swam, sandboarded, and relaxed for 4 days. It's thankfully very untouched in terms of people there, really quiet, aside from the odd generator running and the waves crashing down.

As for christmas, I'll think about that later. For now it's a cool shower to get all this fucking sand out of my hair and ears.
Not a big fan of signatures.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Re: This is the subject line

Post by ruotwocone »

Simon. wrote:My girlfriend and my mates and I all went to Wedge island, an isolated fishing area where there are just tin shacks, lots of scrubland, huge sand dunes and a bright blue beach.
so basically it's like the rest of Australia*

*that's right, i saw The Rescuers Down Under