[2012-May-31] Hippahkrussee

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

ChaoticBrain
[ASK] me about supple pony flanks

[2012-May-31] Hippahkrussee

Post by ChaoticBrain »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2627#comic

In a way, I have to say that a person who "teaches the controversy" is worse than a person who espouses that all of evolution is a sham. At least the latter has a strong enough will to form an opinion; the former is so apathetic about the subject that she'll refuse to think critically about the points from either side.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Re: [2012-May-31] Hippahkrussee

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

You know what's funny?
Comics.
You know what's just not funny at all?
Arguing semantics about comics.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Sandwiches
[Insert In Mouth]

Post by Sandwiches »

Not every comic needs to be discussed.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

ChaoticBrain wrote: In a way, I have to say that a person who "teaches the controversy" is worse than a person who espouses that all of evolution is a sham. At least the latter has a strong enough will to form an opinion; the former is so apathetic about the subject that she'll refuse to think critically about the points from either side.
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Hold on. Just because someone can teach it from an unbiased stance doesn't mean they don't have an opinion.

ThatLazyGuy

Post by ThatLazyGuy »

Yes, yes. We get it. You love evolution and don't understand the arguments against it.

I'm not saying that those arguments outweigh the evidence for evolution, just that these are not even close to the arguments against it.

And I get that you realized you have a little soapbox where you can spout all this stuff and you want to use it.

Now can you please make a comic that's actually, y'know, funny?

Post by Guest »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
ChaoticBrain wrote: In a way, I have to say that a person who "teaches the controversy" is worse than a person who espouses that all of evolution is a sham. At least the latter has a strong enough will to form an opinion; the former is so apathetic about the subject that she'll refuse to think critically about the points from either side.
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Hold on. Just because someone can teach it from an unbiased stance doesn't mean they don't have an opinion.

If you think both sides are equal, regardless of the merit of their respective arguments, than you're not unbiased. You're just noncommittal.

That said, I don't find this comic funny. The joke was obvious from the second panel and was carried on way too long.

LonelyArtist

Post by LonelyArtist »

I actually pronounce controversy with a long O...

Sandwiches
[Insert In Mouth]

Post by Sandwiches »

LonelyArtist wrote:I actually pronounce controversy with a long O...
I say a short O. What a world, eh?

anus mcgee

Post by anus mcgee »

ThatLazyGuy wrote:Yes, yes. We get it. You love evolution and don't understand the arguments against it.

I'm not saying that those arguments outweigh the evidence for evolution, just that these are not even close to the arguments against it.

And I get that you realized you have a little soapbox where you can spout all this stuff and you want to use it.

Now can you please make a comic that's actually, y'know, funny?
This, this, this, for God's sake this. You're giving me cancer, Zach.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Guest wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

If you think both sides are equal, regardless of the merit of their respective arguments, than you're not unbiased. You're just noncommittal.

That said, I don't find this comic funny. The joke was obvious from the second panel and was carried on way too long.
Who said anything about thinking the sides equal? You can teach stuff without thinking both sides are equal. I can debate for things that I don't really agree with. That doesn't make me noncommittal, it makes me intelligent.
I guess there are too many people who read this that are in the sciences...

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

ChaoticBrain wrote:In a way, I have to say that a person who "teaches the controversy" is worse than a person who espouses that all of evolution is a sham. At least the latter has a strong enough will to form an opinion; the former is so apathetic about the subject that she'll refuse to think critically about the points from either side.
What?
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Sandwiches
[Insert In Mouth]

Post by Sandwiches »

A lot of people put "having a wrong opinion" over "not having an opinion".

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

Sandwiches wrote:A lot of people put "having a wrong opinion" over "not having an opinion".
Whenever I have trouble forming an opinion, I just flip a coin.
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

sotic wrote:
Sandwiches wrote:A lot of people put "having a wrong opinion" over "not having an opinion".
Whenever I have trouble forming an opinion, I just flip a coin.
And then what?

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

He ignores it, because deciding which opinion goes with which side of the coin is too hard.
King Prawn