[2012-May-31] Hippahkrussee

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Re: [2012-May-31] Hippahkrussee

Post by Kaharz »

Whenever I have trouble forming an opinion, I either don't form one or I try to learn more about whatever it is I'm supposed to have an opinion so I can have one I'm comfortable with. I try not to have very many opinions and the ones I do have I try to remain open minded about and reevaluate on occasion. Having rigid stances on subjects generally leads to ignorance and stupidity. At least in my opinion.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Sandwiches
[Insert In Mouth]

Post by Sandwiches »

I think that's basically what I do. For example I don't really know where I stand on objectivism and I know that it doesn't matter. I've decided I'm not going to research it. My reasoning is that if I ever need to know about objectivism, it'll be because I'll have met an objectivist. And if I've met one I can ask a lot of questions and do my research then.

It's a great feeling, discovering a way to do even less.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I hope you never meet an objectivist (or anti-objectivist). It is a tedious thing to research since most people who have opinions on the concept have very strong ones.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Yoo-jin

Post by Yoo-jin »

Kaharz wrote:I hope you never meet an objectivist (or anti-objectivist). It is a tedious thing to research since most people who have opinions on the concept have very strong ones.
Objectivism? You mean that philosophical school of thought that Ayn Rand founded?

Sandwiches
[Insert In Mouth]

Post by Sandwiches »

Exactly what I want to avoid wrote:If you can call that, however it isn't philosophical, or a school. Or of thought.