[2012-Jun-06] Happy Happy Joy Joy

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Corky

Re: [2012-June-06] Happy Happy Joy Joy

Post by Corky »

This comic will have me pondering for a while. At 1st at the end , I had thought the boy got killed, but with a few more seconds I realized it was the mom. Or maybe both.
Also I liked that the bad guy asked where he could get a chip.
THen thinking is this what heaven is like, and is it pleasant but a lie?
Then does it matter? Then if she could realize that he didn't have blood on him, was it just after that she was getting the chip's action to kick in.

This was a great comic. I saw so many different ways it could go on fro there.
Plus I liked the lists of movies. I've seen several of them.
This is the 1st time I've gone to a blog on comics. Well, no, I have gone to Endtown blog, Endtown is a fantasy, science fiction,steam-punkish comic that is just amazing.
Thanks for such an interesting comic!

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

I have pondered on more profound thoughts than this. I was thinking "I must be special because only I am me." when I was still in the cradle. You guys are beneath me.

Salacious Schoolmate
[Insert Here]

Post by Salacious Schoolmate »

dude don't even start I am wicked profound

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'm so glad this thread turned into a list of suspense thrillers.

Or am I?

Jewlian

Post by Jewlian »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I'm so glad this thread turned into a list of suspense thrillers.

Or am I?
Stewart Francis you are not....or are you?

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

My problem with this comic is that, given the amount those chips are overclocking the people's brains, they should at least have some giant heat sinks sticking out of their heads.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Jewlian

Post by Jewlian »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:My problem with this comic is that, given the amount those chips are overclocking the people's brains, they should at least have some giant heat sinks sticking out of their heads.
It's cooled by liquid nitro.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

so did the guy get the password or what
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Salacious Schoolmate
[Insert Here]

MAYBE HE DID

MAYBE HE WAS MEEEEEE

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

no your password is sandwiches123 it would be too easy to guess

please excuse the lack of capunctualisation i have pizza grease on 7 of my fingers
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Salacious Schoolmate
[Insert Here]

You should get your servants to feed you pizza like wot lizzy does

I made fliers that said BRING FORTH THE GUILLOTINE and I was going to hand them out in town on the jubilee day but all the photocopying places were closed. Remember this for your anti-monarchist protests: get your fliers done before the bank holiday in honour of the monarch.

MrJay

Post by MrJay »

I'm curious as to how no one has suggested any abuse of these chips, other than OP who thinks that people would simply commit suicide (effective but unnecessary). What if people created some sort of device that would strike with sufficient kinetic force but would somehow strike somewhere that would limit brain damage, allowing you to live as many happy lifetimes as you'd like. In fact, why even create the device at all? Just remove the part of the chip that requires being killed.

Perhaps you'd even grow tolerance after the first few lifetimes. Then, maybe instead of a completely happy lifetime, maybe mix in some danger and some mystery... hell, throw in a line that makes all girls sexy and all other guys impotent and I'd be satisfied. Nobody would ever live real life again.

It kind of reminds me of the purported effects of DMT which has made some people experience a trip that lasted a lifetime. Although not necessarily a happy one.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

MrJay wrote:I'm curious as to how no one has suggested any abuse of these chips,<snip>
Most of us don't care enough to think about it?
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

MWSCHandT

Post by MWSCHandT »

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, by Haruki Murakami?