[2012-Aug-17] There is no g-spot

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

ReasonablyDoubtful

[2012-Aug-17] There is no g-spot

Post by ReasonablyDoubtful »

Kelly: "See, there's this thing called a g-spot..."
Zach: "Sorry, I only believe in evidence-based sex."

Also, Zach might want to read some studies in regards to things deemed "alternative medicine." Not all conventional medicine is evidence-based and not all evidence-based medicine is conventional.

That's not to say that going with a random "alternative medicine" treatment won't get you complete BS most of the time, but that's why it's important to read the studies in regards to efficacy and safety of conventional medicine treatments vs. efficacy and safety of "alternative medicine" treatments.

Edit: By the way, I am aware that the clitoris is not the g-spot. I would think that would be obvious from the first part of my post, but I know that some people will misread it.
Time to piss off people with logic and facts!

nobody
[Insert Here]

Re: [2012-08-17] There is no g-spot

Post by nobody »

What are your spoilers spoilering? I'd like to read them so if you could just tell me what I should watch first...

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

nobody wrote:What are your spoilers spoilering? I'd like to read them so if you could just tell me what I should watch first...
Paint dry.

rinabean

Post by rinabean »

Of course some alternative medicine is fine and some conventional medicine is crap. That's part of the joke. Zach is specifically talking about the type of person who thinks any nonsense is going to work if the words "alternative medicine" have been slapped on it, and everything that has ever been considered conventional medicine will kill you. That's part of the joke... :|

nobody
[Insert Here]

Post by nobody »

thank 4 explane joke i did note unnerstan joke b4 u help ma

ReasonablyDoubtful

rinabean wrote:Of course some alternative medicine is fine and some conventional medicine is crap. That's part of the joke. Zach is specifically talking about the type of person who thinks any nonsense is going to work if the words "alternative medicine" have been slapped on it, and everything that has ever been considered conventional medicine will kill you. That's part of the joke... :|
The problem is that he did it terribly.

Again.

Just... stay away from the soapbox, okay, Zach? You boxes are always all moldy.

Montero

Post by Montero »

Maybe the point is: if it really works, it's mainstream. When an herb, a massage or whatever sorcery is found to be reasonably better than placebo, then it ceases to be alternative. And this happen quite often, lately.

ReasonablyDoubtful

Montero wrote:Maybe the point is: if it really works, it's mainstream. When an herb, a massage or whatever sorcery is found to be reasonably better than placebo, then it ceases to be alternative. And this happen quite often, lately.
I can think of a lot of examples where this just isn't true. Psychiatrists still aren't prescribing krill oil to patients. Depression, as an example been shown to be positively affected by >=1g of EPA each day, especially with individuals that are resistant to medication (implying that EPA deficiency can cause depression, not to mention other things).

It isn't just depression, either.

Honestly, right now I can't find the review, but it was filled with bias anyway. What the well-designed studies showed and what the reviewers concluded from what the studies showed differs greatly.

YAY SCIENCE!

Edit: Science is wonderful, by the way. The problem is when scientists don't actually practice science.

Montero

Post by Montero »

ReasonablyDoubtful wrote:
Montero wrote:Maybe the point is: if it really works, it's mainstream. When an herb, a massage or whatever sorcery is found to be reasonably better than placebo, then it ceases to be alternative. And this happen quite often, lately.
I can think of a lot of examples where this just isn't true. Psychiatrists still aren't prescribing krill oil to patients. Depression, as an example been shown to be positively affected by >=1g of EPA each day, especially with individuals that are resistant to medication (implying that EPA deficiency can cause depression, not to mention other things).

Honestly, right now I can't find the review, but it was filled with bias anyway. What the well-designed studies showed and what the reviewers concluded from what the studies showed differs greatly.

YAY SCIENCE!

Edit: Science is wonderful, by the way. The problem is when scientists don't actually practice science.
Then: if it works, it SHOULD be mainstream. And if it REALLY works, it just will be mainstream faster. "Complementary medicine".

FarleShadow

Post by FarleShadow »

I subscribe to the placebo girlfriend.
She does whatever I wan....no baby, put down the chair, no I love you more than the toaster, No really, she just makes hot bread! Its boring! No baby, you aren't borin...
....Apparently I hate everyone. Including myself.

Rando

Post by Rando »

ReasonablyDoubtful wrote:

YAY SCIENCE!

Actually, my psychiatrist prescribed 2g of fish oil per day for depression. It was only after one month on fish oil that he also tried antidepressants (I currently take 30 mg of Wellbutrin and 2g fish oil per day, and try to get light to moderate exercise daily as well).

Also, I prefer fish oil because I don't mind swallowing large objects. Baby.