Australian Heros Dropping Like Flies!

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Australian Heros Dropping Like Flies!

Post by ruotwocone »

So if you haven't heard the news... wow. I'm more than a little in shock. Also, with Stevie Irwin going down that makes 2 of the about 5-7 famous Aussies pushing up daisies in a little more than a year. More importantly, what does this mean for the upcoming Batman movie? Was filming finished? Can they still complete the film? If I don't get my Batman fix, I'm gonna be pissed. Also rest in peace. Plus, Russel Crowe needs to watch his back.

Also, creepily smiling comic-movie characters seem to have a poor track record.
Last edited by ruotwocone on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Yeah that was pretty shocking news.
Batman is finished. Apparently he was working on a new film with Terry Gilliam recently.
However, he didn't seem like the most stable individual. A couple of years ago Jason Lee was on the View Askew web board and he mentioned that he ended up going to Ledger's house for a party and was immediately offered cocaine and other sundry drugs. Apparently he was quite the drug fiend (Ledger, that is, not Lee).

That said, I can't friggin' wait until Dark Knight. I can't remember the last time I have been this excited for a movie. Ledger looks pimp as Joker, and it just looks awesome.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I swear, If i hear one more (idiotic) person say "I heard that gay guy died"* I'm gonna snap.

*If you don't understand why this statement is stupid and deserves a smack in the face, you also deserve a smack in the face.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

pfff... everybody knows that all independent films are is a bunch of gay cowboys sitting around eating pudding

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

mountainmage wrote:I swear, If i hear one more (idiotic) person say "I heard that gay guy died"* I'm gonna snap.
Actually, I had just learned his career really started playing a gay cyclist (on television, was it?) in Australia.

I also just found out that Alan Tudyk was in A Knights Tale*, which makes me want to see that one again.**

*And I also learned, just now (thanks to the Wiki), that Nathan Fillon, Adam Baldwin and Alan Tudyk, all from Firefly, play marines in Halo 3, all of which resemble their Firefly characters. Makes me want to play it.
** The gorgeous Shannyn Sossamon is also a draw.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

As long as Mr Dundee is not gone. Thats not a knife mate this is a knife.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

Jaydee

Post by Jaydee »

HARDKORE wrote:As long as Mr Dundee is not gone. Thats not a knife mate this is a knife.
He doesn't say "mate" in that sentence.. I'm fairly certain he doesn't lol.

As an Australian... I'd have to say that I don't say mate all to often.

Adding to the Heath Ledger story, it was all over our radio's and such. I found out at 8 in the morning, along with a thousand texts and movies specially put onto television.
What I'm about to say might sound wrong... but I'd like to point out that the police were fairly certain that it was suicide* and last I checked, suicide was a choice. He had a baby and everything... that makes me sadder than his choice of movies. I work at domino's and so many people came in and told me that they liked him until he did that "gay as movie, brokeback mountain" now, that is almost as bad as his suicide in the first place.
BTY. [Better than you]

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Jaydee wrote:As an Australian... I'd have to say that I don't say mate all to often.
Oh, stereotypes... It's like Canadians and "eh". It doesn't get said nearly as much as the media makes it out to (well, at least not in my part of Canadia).

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I also fall into stereotypes. Being from KY, i get called a redneck.

You were right, he didnt say mate. I would have laughed if he had pulled out a gunblade.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Oh, stereotypes... It's like Canadians and "eh". It doesn't get said nearly as much as the media makes it out to (well, at least not in my part of Canadia).
It was at the end of EVERY sentence said by EVERY person in Edmonton.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Eh, I'm not all that fussed with Ledger dieing, even though he did come from Perth and all. It pisses me off more than anything to hear about it every fucking hour of the day. "Perth's own hollywood superstar" Fuck.

Yep, I sure do like hearing about popular people and things etc.

Stereotypes on the other hand.

Are also uninteresting to me.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Dust_Biter

Post by Dust_Biter »

If you know of Australian people who don't say mate, you're talking to the wrong Australians.

You're talking to Australians who speak in full sentences, wear shirts and can spell Australia.

You <i>want</i> to be talking to the dickheads. They manage to get it in between every word.

...That being said, tomorrow is Australia Day, where everyone has to say it by law. :D

Kingreaper

Post by Kingreaper »

Dust_Biter wrote:If you know of Australian people who don't say mate, you're talking to the wrong Australians.

You're talking to Australians who speak in full sentences, wear shirts and can spell Australia.

You <i>want</i> to be talking to the dickheads. They manage to get it in between every word.
I's not wanting to be rapping wi' no dick'eds man.

I's get qui' 'nuf dat 'round my enz.

:p

Brother Dysk

Post by Brother Dysk »

Dust_Biter: Ah, bogans :)

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

I'm confused. Are the new guys allowed to talk to eachother?
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?