Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

ChaoticBrain
[ASK] me about supple pony flanks

[2012-Sep-02] Sunday Morning Breakfast Cereal

Post by ChaoticBrain »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2722#comic

With your host, Morgan Freeman.

I think the entire state of Wisconsin may have less cheese content than this comic strip.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: [2012-Sep-2] Sunday Morning Breakfast Cereal

Post by DonRetrasado »

arse
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

BoredomMan

Post by BoredomMan »

Dude. It takes a hair more than seven years to master poetry-writing. Although one can do other things at the same time...

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Pfft, I mastered poetry in like days. I'm too great at it now. Some guy asked me to tone it down a couple weeks ago.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

It takes 7 years to get a Masters, not 7 years to master something; I think Zach's mixed up. Or maybe I just don't like it when people frame things in absolutes.

Also I don't think struggling with identity is necessarily linked to a fear of death. Personally I know I'm afraid to die because I always get really freaked out when I use Web MD.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

focoloco

Post by focoloco »

Zack was drunk and lonely for that one

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote:It takes 7 years to get a Masters, not 7 years to master something; I think Zach's mixed up. Or maybe I just don't like it when people frame things in absolutes.

Also I don't think struggling with identity is necessarily linked to a fear of death. Personally I know I'm afraid to die because I always get really freaked out when I use Web MD.
This was my first thought as well, re: Master vs. master.

And while this comic has pretty much everything I hate about SMBC, I actually found it okay, even a little charming.

who cares?

Post by who cares? »

Congrats all on missing the point. Though I doubt he bothers to read such useless comments as these, Zach has my thanks for putting it so well: don't think you're done with your life just because you've started doing one thing.

Snark away, as I will not be coming back to this forum to read your replies.

Milknut

Post by Milknut »

YOLO. 8)

In all seriousness, even if it is a little BS-ey with the eight years thing, this is still pretty inspirational. Unfortunately I think I spent one of those lifetimes posting on the internet. FUUU

hrothberht

Post by hrothberht »

There's a small typo in the poem: *oft

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

There's a small typo in your face, bitch.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Anon21

Post by Anon21 »

Yo, a Master's takes like 3 years

If you bros were paying University of Phoenix for 7 years of that shit, you need to go get a refund

tophernator

Post by tophernator »

You're all missing the point. This is Zach's way of telling us he's quiting the web-comic business and going off to stitch intricate lace doilies in the medieval Croatian town of Dubrovnik.
Have fun Zach!

NoUseForAUserName

Post by NoUseForAUserName »

Zach is making a good point, think of how much you can achieve in 7 years, even just doing it on weekends, let alone if it was your job. You don't have to become the best in the world to have mastered something, even 10 hours a week and you're looking at 3500 hours over 7 years. Imagine picking a hobby and doing nothing but eat sleep and practice for 9 months, I think you'd be a pretty good amateur by the end of it.

Coincidentally I've been working in the same area for a little over 5 years and was figuring I was due a change in a couple of years, so 7 years sounds right to me. I can't say I'm going to have 'mastered' what I work at, but I'm not bad at it, and it will be about time for a change.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

tophernator wrote:You're all missing the point. This is Zach's way of telling us he's quiting the web-comic business and going off to stitch intricate lace doilies in the medieval Croatian town of Dubrovnik.
Have fun Zach!
That sounds like fun, but who's going to use a nine-panel doily?
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.