[2012-Sep-15] Pac Kafka

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

P1h3r1e3d13

[2012-Sep-15] Pac Kafka

Post by P1h3r1e3d13 »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2736#comic

It works surprisingly well.

I do have to point out that there is a word missing in the panel where the ghost is eaten: “... through the tangled ______ of the mouth-man.”

cheesus

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by cheesus »

This should be developed into a short story. I just had an existential experience.

Anon21

Post by Anon21 »

Yeah, normally I come in here to be like, "Oh Zach, you suck," or "Human beings don't talk or act that way, you're terrible at this," but this was actually really good. Bravo, Zach!

gemeric

Post by gemeric »

cheesus wrote:This should be developed into a short story. I just had an existential experience.
Are you Pac man?

Surely you guest

Post by Surely you guest »

That was terrible, what's wrong with you people?

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

Say what you will about needlessly long comics, I enjoyed the ghosts' drawings.
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

SoJ

Post by SoJ »

Please get started on centipede.

Aniketos

Post by Aniketos »

I loved it, I checked the forum just to see how cynical people were and am surprised to find positive responses outnumbering negative :).

Eumesmopo

Post by Eumesmopo »

Terrified not only of death, but also especially from life; those creatures were not fully human, yet not totally unhuman. They were mere shadows cast by the pitiful and regretful existence they had in life... ghosts. The dread of their fateful end - the annihilation of their own ego - was so great and shaking that it became a immensely powerful driving force would drive those wrecked souls into constructing webs of lies, denials of their own mortality, which would accompany them even in the dark limbo of afterlife, for they could not look at themselves - see their own incorporeality - and admit the painful truth that they were no longer. And so, even into the half-existence of their vital lie persisted, for not even the visit of Thanatos could free them of their primary maladjustment to life. Instead, the tragedy of dying only made their characterological armours stronger and more concrete, for now they where not mere deliberately false formulations about life that delved in the depths of their unconscious minds, but they were the very walls that composed the dark labyrinth devoid of exits which they were trapped in for all eternity. That alone would be a doom that no human would desire even for his worst enemy, but lady destiny (in her infinite sadism) found this mere emptiness not enough a torment and thus added a final painful element: A mouth that could do nothing but eat every single spot of color and life that would ever sprout from the maze leaving nothingness in it's wake. In that absurd situation no other option remained for the poor phantoms, but to continuously chase the mouth... forever.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

SoJ wrote:Please get started on centipede.
Centipede has already been made into a movie.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I didn't like it. Not horrifying enough.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Sentient AI

Post by Sentient AI »

Guest1 wrote:
SoJ wrote:Please get started on centipede.
Centipede has already been made into a movie.
A good movie at that.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I also rather liked this comic. Except that it was too long and switched focus from PacMan's existentialist angst, and focused on the ghosts. And that ruined the flow for me a little.

FarleShadow

Post by FarleShadow »

Eumesmopo wrote:Terrified not only of death, but also especially from life; those creatures were not fully human, yet not totally unhuman. They were mere shadows cast by the pitiful and regretful existence they had in life... ghosts. The dread of their fateful end - the annihilation of their own ego - was so great and shaking that it became a immensely powerful driving force would drive those wrecked souls into constructing webs of lies, denials of their own mortality, which would accompany them even in the dark limbo of afterlife, for they could not look at themselves - see their own incorporeality - and admit the painful truth that they were no longer. And so, even into the half-existence of their vital lie persisted, for not even the visit of Thanatos could free them of their primary maladjustment to life. Instead, the tragedy of dying only made their characterological armours stronger and more concrete, for now they where not mere deliberately false formulations about life that delved in the depths of their unconscious minds, but they were the very walls that composed the dark labyrinth devoid of exits which they were trapped in for all eternity. That alone would be a doom that no human would desire even for his worst enemy, but lady destiny (in her infinite sadism) found this mere emptiness not enough a torment and thus added a final painful element: A mouth that could do nothing but eat every single spot of color and life that would ever sprout from the maze leaving nothingness in it's wake. In that absurd situation no other option remained for the poor phantoms, but to continuously chase the mouth... forever.
Sounds like the bedroom of my last marriage!

Tarodore

Post by Tarodore »

I could not help but think of this article's interpretation of Pac-Man while reading the comic.

I think both interpretations are valid, personally, and both are remarkably entertaining.