[2012-Sep-21] Reproduction

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Summerinx

[2012-Sep-21] Reproduction

Post by Summerinx »

First time that I'm really disappointed with a comic.

I still think it's amazing that all of my ancestors managed to procreate.

anus mcgee

Re: [2012-September-21] Reproduction

Post by anus mcgee »

I can't believe it to you this long to be disappointed. All Zach posts now is preachy, uninspired crap.

gemeric

Post by gemeric »

I've given this quite a bit of thought myself. I never plan to have kids and I don't want to have kids, but I find it unnerving that I would be the first in my line of ancestors (stretching back to the dawn of life, i remind you) to have not reproduced.

Eumesmopo

Post by Eumesmopo »

When I stop to think that I could be the decendant of a blood-thirsty warlord who had thousands of children because he raped hundreds of slaves captured from conquered tribes, that actually makes me fell kinda of badass. :twisted:

Summerinx

Post by Summerinx »

Eumesmopo wrote:When I stop to think that I could be the decendant of a blood-thirsty warlord who had thousands of children because he raped hundreds of slaves captured from conquered tribes, that actually makes me fell kinda of badass. :twisted:

Precisely how I feel.

Also, the fact that my genes are only a tiny fraction of the ones that ever existed means that I've the tiny amount of genes that are badass enough to still exist.
Nothing wrong with natural selection. :P

Buttons

Post by Buttons »

gemeric wrote:I've given this quite a bit of thought myself. I never plan to have kids and I don't want to have kids, but I find it unnerving that I would be the first in my line of ancestors (stretching back to the dawn of life, i remind you) to have not reproduced.
You are letting down every ancestor you ever had. At least donate sperm.

FarleShadow

Post by FarleShadow »

Buttons wrote:
gemeric wrote:I've given this quite a bit of thought myself. I never plan to have kids and I don't want to have kids, but I find it unnerving that I would be the first in my line of ancestors (stretching back to the dawn of life, i remind you) to have not reproduced.
You are letting down every ancestor you ever had. At least donate sperm.
"Spread the wealth" popped into my head.

F*ck you brain, f*ck every one of your neurons too. buddy.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Summerinx wrote:
Eumesmopo wrote:When I stop to think that I could be the decendant of a blood-thirsty warlord who had thousands of children because he raped hundreds of slaves captured from conquered tribes, that actually makes me fell kinda of badass. :twisted:

Precisely how I feel.

Also, the fact that my genes are only a tiny fraction of the ones that ever existed means that I've the tiny amount of genes that are badass enough to still exist.
You're genes are not badass enough to still exist, they are just not screwed up enough to have not been passed on. At least, when you remove random chance from the equation. There are still genes that cause a lot of seriously crippling mental and physical conditions that I doubt you would call badass. Many of them don't have a noticeable effect until after breeding age, so they continue to get passed on. Some have an effect sooner, but for whatever reason continue to get passed on.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Maze1125

Post by Maze1125 »

Kaharz wrote:
Summerinx wrote:

Precisely how I feel.

You're genes are not badass enough to still exist, they are just not screwed up enough to have not been passed on. At least, when you remove random chance from the equation. There are still genes that cause a lot of seriously crippling mental and physical conditions that I doubt you would call badass. Many of them don't have a noticeable effect until after breeding age, so they continue to get passed on. Some have an effect sooner, but for whatever reason continue to get passed on.
You are aware that the point of this comic was not to idolise the woman with the black hair, right?

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

You are aware that I don't pay any attention to the 'lessons' Zach puts in the comic, right?
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Maze1125

Post by Maze1125 »

No, how could I be aware of that until you mentioned it?

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Telepathy, man! All the cool kids are using it. I know that for a fact because I have telepathy.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Buttons

Post by Buttons »

Sahan wrote:Telepathy, man! All the cool kids are using it. I know that for a fact because I have telepathy.
Bro. Bro, it is time I tell you something. No one finds telepathy cool, it is just creepy.

tysonlee

Post by tysonlee »

Never mind lawyers, the genies should have consulted a mathematician-- all you need is a type system. SImply only accept wishes phrased within a constrained grammar which prevents self-referential statements by requiring for example only 2-sets can contain 1-sets. Then specify the genie will grant any first-order wish.
We offer best quality JN0-360 dumps for practice. Pass certification dumps on first try using CITRIX free resources. For more information about this product see Brescia University page