[2013-Jan-24] Political cartoon in Jan 24th, 2013's comic

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

billyshears

[2013-Jan-24] Political cartoon in Jan 24th, 2013's comic

Post by billyshears »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=2866#comic

Is there a political connection with this comic. I get that the gold is undug, but what about the funding?

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: Political cartoon in Jan 24th, 2013's comic

Post by Kimra »

You didn't even look at the forum. I'm not going to read your post, because you didn't even put two seconds into looking at where things go in the forum. There's this whole place for people to talk about the comic. It's pretty clearly marked so I'm not linking you. Just know I'm disappointed in you. So disappointed.

*disowns you*
King Prawn

Dr Spaceman

Post by Dr Spaceman »

Through my own personal and highly skewed lens I view this as a scathing indictment of the current SLS program NASA is running and in a broader sense the route all government space transport system development has taken.

Return to the NACA days of yore, cut the Oldspace government/industrial complex, get a bit more wildcat and stop pretending that Amtrak to space can come anywhere close to breaking even.

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

Kimra:
Huh? This was the first post in this forum all week. Or is this an inside joke I'm not getting?

Billyshears:
Pretty sure it's a metaphor for research or something like that. The guy in the mine is telling the guy up top to come dig in the mine which has already had all the gold mined out, because it's yielded a lot of gold in the past. Similarly, researchers often focus on fields that are already well-developed, because of the success other researchers have had their in the past. Funding, as well, tends to go to research in fields that have borne fruit in the past. I wouldn't say it's political, really, or even that the funding comment is exclusively about government funding.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Brandon wrote:Kimra:
Huh? This was the first post in this forum all week. Or is this an inside joke I'm not getting?
Never underestimate the power of a greater mod (as if anyone's greater than me) cleaning up after lazy people!
King Prawn

nobody
[Insert Here]

Post by nobody »

Don't take it personal kid, kimra can be a real b sometimes

beautiful woman