[2013-Feb-04] More Scientific

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

scudwuzzle

[2013-Feb-04] More Scientific

Post by scudwuzzle »

This is my impression of Zach:

;D Don't you just love science? I was watching Big Bang Theory and they said PHOTON! LOLOLOL ZAMBINGO! Us nerd, huh? Us nerds.

Why hello, good sir. I was merely observing this photon particle with my electronic magnifying device, and I happened upon your internet posting forum!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
98% of webcomic artists have moved on to "rap and "hip-hop." Put this as your signature if you're one of the 2% who still appreciates N3RDZ!!!lolol

Trogdor346

Re: [2013-2-4] More Scientific

Post by Trogdor346 »

Zach studied mathmatics if I recall correctly, and he married a research scientist. So if you are trying to say he is a phony I must disagree.

Although it is bugging me that he messed up CCD. It stands for charge-coupled device not charged coupled device, but that is splitting hairs, it doesn't negate his nerd credibility.

Trogdor346

Post by Trogdor346 »

mathematics* (For those who care.)

scudwuzzle

Post by scudwuzzle »

Yeah, he actually studied this stuff. That does not change the fact that this comic is just name-dropping a few science things and then pointing at them.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I don't think that Scud was claiming he was suggesting he was a phony.
I gathered that he was saying that Zach was riding the stereotypical 'nerd' freeway and ignoring all exits.
Which also irritates me sometimes, since I'm not sure that it actually exists.*

*This is also why I don't like Big Bang Theory. That and it isn't funny.

Wait...what

Post by Wait...what »

Maybe I'm missing something but wasn't this comic all about using different terms to describe a celeb reporting in a different way in order to gain a new perspective on how silly the entire thing is?

nobody
[Insert Here]

Post by nobody »

You have described the comic perfectly friend

and whence you had finished your description, did you guffaw and roll around on the floor and your ass fall off with laughter? I must admit for my own part, that I did not. And so with the comic.

Trabbles

Post by Trabbles »

nobody wrote:You have described the comic perfectly friend

and whence you had finished your description, did you guffaw and roll around on the floor and your ass fall off with laughter? I must admit for my own part, that I did not. And so with the comic.
Wait...what wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but wasn't this comic all about using different terms to describe a celeb reporting in a different way in order to gain a new perspective on how silly the entire thing is?
Do you see, Zach? Do you see? Look at the different groups who make up your audience. Do you really want Tim Buckley's "I get the meaning, therefore funny" audience? People with senses of humor are not amused.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I agree. All these comics do is rustle my jimmies.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Gila Monster

Post by Gila Monster »

I really thought that was your actual signature. Now I'm bummed out.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:I agree. All these comics do is rustle my jimmies.
Is this a euphemism for being sexual aroused? Because that's how I'm reading it.
King Prawn

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Kimra wrote:
Is this a euphemism for being sexual aroused? Because that's how I'm doing it.

Fix'd.

Surely you guest

Post by Surely you guest »

Wait...what wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but wasn't this comic all about using different terms to describe a celeb reporting in a different way in order to gain a new perspective on how silly the entire thing is?
Yes, and the entirely correct complaint of the OP is that doing this is in no way "more scientific" - only trying to bandwagon in on the proclivities of much of his fan reader base. Zach is choosing language that highlights irrelevancies to reduce the efficacy of communicating; essentially saying, "if I intentionally use language poorly it's irritating to read." Whether or not that counts as cutting-edge social commentary I will leave as an exercise for the reader.

Zach's science and philosophy efforts are so intellectually shallow that he seems to feel the need to compensate for the lack of depth by the output of prodigious volume. He needs to stick to his element: the slapstick and the crude.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Kimra wrote:
Is this a euphemism for being sexual aroused? Because that's how I'm reading it.
It's a new meme, Kimra. The first one in a while actually, where I didn't hear about it until almost everyone I knew was using it and knew the joke apart from me. I felt so left out. It was like high school all over again.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Peon

Post by Peon »

Yeah before that happens with 20 other memes. Memes are fuckin plagues these days. All shitty humor will be based upon reference to memes and it won't be funny at all if you don't know the memes. and even if you do it still won't really be funny
Ask the next question.