Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Limon

World of Warcraft

Post by Limon »

The questions is, who hasn't played?

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Damn, and to think, up until now this place was WoW free. All good things must come to an end I guess? I've never played, and have no intention of doing so!

I said good day, sir.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I haven't played it, I have no intention of spending money on a game then paying $15 a month to play it. Thats like saying, you buy toilet paper from the store then have to pay for every piece you use.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I've never played, and I don't intend to ever. Please do not mention that monstrosity here again.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by TwoBuy »

Limon wrote:The questions is, who hasn't played?
I actually think the question is, "who has?" I don't know of anyone here who I can imagine spending time on that thing. Well, the new crop excluded.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

Wow.(No pun intended) (Well, slightly intended) I finally found a place that hates WoW! O happy fortune!

WoW is one of those games that are only "good" because they are popular. If you want to interact with people through a MMOG, choose a good one. There are plenty.
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Lottel wrote:Wow.(No pun intended) (Well, slightly intended) I finally found a place that hates WoW! O happy fortune!

WoW is one of those games that are only "good" because they are popular. If you want to interact with people through a MMOG, choose a good one. There are plenty.
Like Pirates of the Caribbean Online! :wink:
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

mountainmage wrote:Like Pirates of the Caribbean Online! :wink:
An S*P reader then?
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Limon

Post by Limon »

good because i'm not planning on talking about it anyways, well who plays any MMO's and which ones, suggest one for me lotell

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I have also never played, and also have no interest.
I will admit that I had some interest some years ago. But, even if I had continued thinking that way, the interest was never enough to start shelling out the dough.
And then I began to see what it did to people. Mainly this one guy who I lived with for about a month. He was a student, about 3/4 of his way through school. He got married and him and his wife moved into a room in the house I was subletting a room in for the summer (they were also just for the summer). His wife was a few months pregnant when they got hitched, and it was due that December.
Now, I thought he was a bit of an idiot even before living with him. Well, this guy pretty much spent all his time playing this game. He was a student (probably on his parent's dime, but that doesn't excuse him), husband and soon-to-be father. Also, he was unemployed, while his wife worked. Also, he stayed up until 2am or later playing. This is while his wife (who was quite attractive, although a bit of a... well, a bitch) was sleeping, and then subsequently getting up early in the morning.
Granted, this guy was an inconsiderate jerk, with no aspirations of responsibility, and that can't exactly be blamed on WoW. But when you are more interested in collecting gold and loot in an MMORPG than in caring for your family, something is wrong.
And if this was the only story I had heard like this, I might think otherwise. But alas.
So, no, I will never play it.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Limon wrote:good because i'm not planning on talking about it anyways, well who plays any MMO's and which ones, suggest one for me lotell
If I am really bored (REALLY) I'll go to play a little Runescape. Poor graphics, and not great gameplay (unless you pay for it, which I am unwilling to do). I started an account there years and years ago (say 5 or more), and I occasionally go back and pick it up. My guy is quite leveled up, but I play very seldom.
At most, I'll pick it up, play a few hours a week, for about a month, then drop it again and not play for another 3-4 months.
I played it more often when I first started, but that was mostly between semesters at school, when everyone is home and hours away, and I was working and doing little else.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

TwoBuy wrote:
mountainmage wrote:Like Pirates of the Caribbean Online! :wink:
An S*P reader then?
What's S*P? I was just making an ironic statement.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I have played one MMO. Phantasy star online part one for the dreamcast. I had a mage that looked like Link.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

NOOBS

WoW can be played for free. On free servers. Someone told me that there were less people there though.

That said, i never played WoW and don't plan to in a near future.

And i would personnally recommend puzzle pirates. Cause i kinda like "puzzles"... and sometimes pirate. But only the sexy girly ones. hmm...
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

Yes, there are free servers on WoW. Most are bad. Whether there are glitches or something weird like that. Others are free because they have been 'deleted' by someone and forgotten about. Others are back up servers. I know a lot of guys who play them and they, after a week or so, went back to paying for it.

Phantasy Star is amazing.

Really though, it depends on what you are looking for. And remember, the more you put into a MMOG, the more you get out of it.
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!