[2013-01-29] On Thirstiness

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

waterhoused

[2013-01-29] On Thirstiness

Post by waterhoused »

Sorry to post so late, but I wanted to discuss this comic if possible.

I googled around to see what discussion it created last January, but couldn't find much other than Zach's comment on a thread in r/philosophy.

There were a couple of other discussions on reddit, but they all seemed to be missing the point. I don't think Zach was saying anything about mortality being thirstiness (which seems to be the redditors' consensus) or the immortality causing nihilism to be true or untrue again (or not).

I took it more as the older humans realized the truth of nihilism, realized that it's ok, and learned to value the freedom in it (all from existentialism), but then just worshipped the void of meaning itself (or the freedom itself) instead of accepting Camus invitation to create meaning or ethics or something else with that freedom. (Basically, they made the freedom of meaninglessness into meaning, instead of making something more "meaningful" into meaning, e.g., colonizing the universe or something.)

The posthumans look back at the older humans and pity/disapprove of them for worshiping the mere fact of the existence of the desert (their thirst in the metaphor), instead of you, know actually getting out of the desert to more fertile ground to actually do something meaningful with their now valuable lives (sating that thirst).

Am I way off? Was this just about mortality?

victorpatrick1

Re: [2013-01-29] On Thirstiness

Post by victorpatrick1 »

Pretty good article. I just stumbled across your blog and tunnel rush enjoyed reading your blog posts. I am looking for new articles to get more valuable information. Thanks a lot for the useful information

articleabout

Post by articleabout »

Ones own favorite songs is without a doubt astonishing. You have got various highly athletic animators. As i intend one the ideal in achieving success. biography ghostwriting service

dirahot46967

Post by dirahot46967 »

My spouse and i shocked while using investigation anyone created to choose this certain release outstanding. Amazing task! Best Cafe Seminyak

nytimes

Post by nytimes »

I'll just say that this game is fantastic and engaging. If you're bored in your spare time, come to nytimes crossword free on this platform and start playing this board game there without having to download anything or sign up.

alicebobby

Post by alicebobby »

Of course you're still funny, Ahmet! Proceed buildnow gg with confidence knowing that you are not making a fool of yourself.

jeffreestar

Post by jeffreestar »

Based on your interpretation, it seems like you've delved into the philosophical nuances of the comic and drawn parallels with existentialist ideas. While interpretations of art, especially comics, can be subjective, your perspective slice master aligns with a thoughtful analysis of the themes presented.

Emilycandy101

Post by Emilycandy101 »

Your webpage is quite outstanding. I consider the content on this website to be adequately good. It elucidates your unique perspective on the matter earn to die.

abbotsfordpainting

Post by abbotsfordpainting »

I do think its just about morality https://thehumblepaintbrush.com/

Gold99

Post by Gold99 »

Unlock a staggering 10,000php windfall within a mere 5 minutes through Gold99's lightning-fast payout functionality! Delve into the digital gaming domain, offering not only colossal jackpots but also a rock-solid and trustworthy gaming adventure.

PGasia