Rolling Damage Comissions

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Rolling Damage Comissions

Post by Jesster »

Go commission some work from Dani (www.rollingdamage.com). I bought a Batgirl and a Nightwing to adorn my bookshop and they're perfect. So you should all go buy things from her as well.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Re: Rolling Damage Comissions

Post by TwoBuy »

Jesster wrote:Go commission some work from Dani (www.rollingdamage.com). I bought a Batgirl and a Nightwing to adorn my bookshop and they're perfect. So you should all go buy things from her as well.
I did that a while ago and had her make me that sweet IHF ad banner. I agree; totally worth it.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Some day I want to be in a position to do things like this (purchase them I mean, not make them).
As for now, the necessities pretty much eat my paycheck.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Some day I want to be in a position to do things like this (purchase them I mean, not make them).
As for now, the necessities pretty much eat my paycheck.
Oh, I'm in that boat too. I just had money once upon a time (pre-mortgage)
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
Oh

Rolling Samus

How schweeeet!

Post by Rolling Samus »

Aww! Thanks, guys!

To all the people who bought art from me in the past, to those of you who are promoting me and asking people to buy stuff, you are AWESOME! It really means quite a lot to me, and your support is very deeply appreciated.

Zach's a dear friend of mine and we've been having nightly aim/phone chats for years now. When we were discussing my ideas for scraping together some extra cash in order to get on my feet again, he didn't even pause; he just said "I'm linking your gallery on my site tomorrow morning. Hopefully that will get some people interested." What a guy, huh?

I didn't go over this in public, because I was afraid it would sound too much like begging, but I've had some recent hospital bills really cripple my finances. Since I don't make a whole lot of money at my job ($8 an hour) working six days a week (full time), there isn't a whole lot of time left in my life to go out and grab a second job.

I'd like to finish my degree within the next year, but since I have to work full time to even support myself, I reallly don't have time for THAT. I love my job, though, and I would NEVER give it up; I'm a therapist at a center for autistic children and I adore it. I adore art too though, and learning all I can about it. When I put those together, I came up a fun way to make some extra money so I could pay rent and buy food and not starve or be homeless; take some art comissions!

So to all you people who are saying you can't afford to buy art right now; I TOTALLY understand. TRUST me. Money is security, food, shelter, and all those things you need to survive. Take care of yourself and your loved ones first. If there's anything left over that you can bear to part with, either give to a local charity (I know a few, if you're looking for some really great causes) or consider buying some art from a poor kid who's lookin' to make ends meet (and eventually get an education). I promise to work real hard on finding something we both agree on, and something you're really happy with.

Again, thank you SO much for all your kind words and encouragement. It really does mean a lot.

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/ ... /Book9.jpg

Link to a photo of the two pictures Dani drew me.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Jesster wrote:http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/ ... /Book9.jpg

Link to a photo of the two pictures Dani drew me.
Neet-o. Do you work in a bookstore?
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

I own the bookstore.

Although it's closing down on the 1st of March on account of bankruptcy.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Jesster wrote:I own the bookstore.

Although it's closing down on the 1st of March on account of bankruptcy.
That sucks. I blame mountainmage. I mean really what could you do?
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

that does suck indeed. i also blame mountainmage. so what future entrepreneurial stuff are you gonna look at then? Fudge shipping and distribution? Turtle Farm? Open a Dippin' Dots franchise? Sell hot pants on infomercials?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

What can I say? I love to screw over the working class.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

How much do you charge? I don't have money now but I am looking for a job thing and am kind of looking for an apartment for next semester. I will be needing something on my walls aside from a few movie posters.

Rolling Samus

Post by Rolling Samus »

I've been getting private messages about "how much do commissions cost", and "where can I see examples of your work", etc. Well, you can always check out http://rollingdamage.deviantart.com/gallery/ for details on commissions or for examples of my newest art . . .

But here's a little catch all post for those who are curious (it's from my blogzor):

"Want your stick figure character fleshed out? Want a portrait, comic, or tattoo design? Need a thoughtful and creative birthday/anniversary gift for a friend, family member, or loved one? Do you require a collaborator on a special project? Have something in mind but just don’t know how to get it out on paper?

Order a one of a kind commission!

You can get a feel for my various styles and abilities by taking a peek at my gallery (http://rollingdamage.deviantart.com/gallery/); it contains examples of black and white inked portraits, comics, and lots more. It also showcases some colored pieces, done with either photoshop or colored pencils.

I draw (in pencil first) on 9x12 300/400 series Strathmore Bristol board, and then ink with Pigma Micron archival pens of varying size (sometimes I use brushes, depending on the project at hand). Your art will arrive at your preferred shipping address with no extra charge to you, and should be well protected by the large cardboard envelope in which it is mailed.

I've recently acquired a Wacom Tablet as a gift (yay!) and have been practicing with it. If you'd like some examples of my tablet work, let me know! I'm flexible as to how you receive your art. ^_^

My art commissions never have a set price, because each commission is different! I’m very good about discussing payment with you and finding a comfortable agreement before ever beginning a project. I base price on a number of variables, which may include but are not limited to: the complexity of the design, the number of subjects within the drawing, whether you’d like inks only or color, the nature of the request itself, and time priority.

You can even browse the results of my brand new Sculpey hobby and see if anything catches your eye. I haven’t been making pendants or earrings for very long, but I’m having a lot of fun with it and would like to try creating something for you. Just let me know if anything in my gallery interests you, or fill me in on your own ideas, and we’ll see what can be worked out!

I do not take cash or checks, but prefer Paypal. It’s quick, easy, and safe. If you do not have an account, don’t panic; it literally takes SECONDS to create one, and is not complex in the slightest. Once logged into Paypal, you may send the agreed upon payment to dani@rollingdamage.com

I assure you my process is professional and courteous, so if you have any questions for me, I’d be happy to answer them in a private email sent to dani@rollingdamage.com.

Thank you very much!"

Original Character Commissions:

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Miscellaneous:

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Portraits:

Image Image Image
(The girl in the blue dress asked that her face be removed for public purposes)

If you're interested, let me know! dani@rollingdamage.com

Thanks!

- Danielle

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

That is some awesome stuff, Dani.
I particularly like the one with the girl with the dreads. Very cool.

Rolling Samus

Post by Rolling Samus »

Thanks! Hey, if anyone else has anything to share, I'd love to see it. I always enjoy looking at other people's art and swapping notes.