[2014-03-24] Outsourcing Saves Sodom

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Tony

[2014-03-24] Outsourcing Saves Sodom

Post by Tony »

Hilarious strip. Some thoughts:
  • At current precious metal prices, Abraham's price is somewhere between $6,500 for 9g silver shekels and $850,000 for 17g gold shekels. He could have done better.
  • It was stupid to order exactly 50 sinless individuals from the Orient. Any damage in shipping, or they hit a bump and one yells "Oh, $#!T," and he's under quota.
  • Even if they all arrive safely, 50 individuals aren't going to stay sinless for long in downtown Sodom. Abraham had better hope that God counts fast.

Guestatron

Re: [2014-03-24] Outsourcing Saves Sodom

Post by Guestatron »

Was calling god motherfucker intentional or an extra little joke?

Snooj

Post by Snooj »

How does this fit in with the previous Sodom timeline?

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2577#comic

It looks like the same God so I'm assuming it's the same multiverse. Or maybe it's different because he speaks in a different font.

Efreeti

Post by Efreeti »

I think you mixed up Abraham with Lot.

Snooj

Post by Snooj »

Or maybe Lot's story made it into the Bible because he didn't try to fuck with God.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Efreeti wrote:I think you mixed up Abraham with Lot.
Not really. Abraham interceded on behalf of Sodom and Gomorrah after three angels visited him. God then reveals that he was going to destroy the cities for their wickedness. Abraham asked God to spare the cities if he could find 50 righteous people and does eventually barters God down to 10. God agrees to Abraham's request, so two of the angels go the cities to look for righteous people and are received by Abraham's nephew, Lot. Lot doesn't know they are angels until after a mob tries to batter his door down to get to the men and presumably rape them. The angels save Lot by blinding the mob and and tell Lot what is going on and that he should lam it with his family. With not even 10 righteous people to be had, God rains burning fire down. Wifey turns into a pillar of Nackle and later Lot's daughters get him drunk and have some incest fun so they can get knocked up and continue the family line.

I'm still not sure why the old testament was considered okay for me to read as a child.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.