futcer

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

futcer

Post by TwoBuy »

so we have a number of brits and other foreigners here so I was wondering if anyone else follows soccer/football? Although maybe not since most of you are pretty nerdy. If there are any out there, did anyone else see that ridiculous free kick Jimmy Bullard (fulham) did against AV a couple of days ago? INSANE!

Also, I haven't gotten to see him play much, but after watching that Mexico match, Jozy Altidore looks legit. It's about time the US actually had a player worth a damn.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

just saw that free kick... awesome. Although soccer/football can't hold a candle to Sepak Takraw. When i was pushing TVs at Sears in college, Sepak Takraw came on every day on obscure sports channel 42983.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

So it is essentially volleyball (really beach volleyball, as there are only two players) where you only use your feet and head like football/soccer?

That's pretty cool.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote:So it is essentially volleyball (really beach volleyball, as there are only two players) where you only use your feet and head like football/soccer?

That's pretty cool.
indeed it is. The Malaysian and Thai teams are really friggin awesome at it... Germany is ok too.

Husper

Post by Husper »

Football is a pile of smelly mouldy pants, its all about the Rugby!

They just stand there kicking the ball back and forward for 90 mins. Yes there is a certain amount of skill in that, but where is the team work? Whole teams can rely on one player. Rugby wins.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Husper wrote:Football is a pile of smelly mouldy pants, its all about the Rugby!

They just stand there kicking the ball back and forward for 90 mins. Yes there is a certain amount of skill in that, but where is the team work? Whole teams can rely on one player. Rugby wins.
For the most part I would rather watch rugby, but I would rather play soccer. Professional soccer (or World Cup soccer) can be rather boring to watch. Not always, but often. Rugby is really interesting to watch, but I feel like it can only really be played by actual organized teams. And frankly, I've never played, and only picked up the rules by watching a few games on TV. I'd choose watching college or NFL football (American football, in other words) over rugby or soccer any day, though.
I still love the old saying...
Soccer is a gentleman's sport played by thugs, rugby is a thug's sport played by gentlemen.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Husper wrote:Football is a pile of smelly mouldy pants, its all about the Rugby!

Football is interesting because of the strategy...and they don't kick the ball that often. Just during kick-off/punts/field goals. If you ask me, Rugby is just football without pads. Oh, and blood.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

mountainmage wrote:Football is interesting because of the strategy...and they don't kick the ball that often. Just during kick-off/punts/field goals. If you ask me, Rugby is just football without pads. Oh, and blood.
He is talking about Soccer. Not American Football.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
mountainmage wrote:Football is interesting because of the strategy...and they don't kick the ball that often. Just during kick-off/punts/field goals. If you ask me, Rugby is just football without pads. Oh, and blood.
He is talking about Soccer. Not American Football.
Damn it. Ignore what I said.*

*Also, I am an american pig-dog!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Hockey is where its at. You people are all straight up crazy.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Husper

Post by Husper »

American pig dog! :o :o

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Husper

Post by Husper »

Oh yeah and american football and rugby are both cool, guess its just preference of which you are brought up with. Rugby is fun for the blood!

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Water polo is more hardcore than Rugby, its like Rugby but in 8 feet of water.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Husper wrote:American pig dog! :o :o

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
Well...you have an electric donkey bottom!

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

Fellows, fellows, we all know that all games are equally inferior to Calvinball.
Well, except hockey. It's more inferior. And I guess Thunderball is less inferior than the rest...

But that's it.
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!