[2015-01-04] Princes

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Dev Null

[2015-01-04] Princes

Post by Dev Null »

Am I alone in wanting the True Prince to have been wearing a purple suit?

Nevermind then; as you were.

SomeGuyNamedDavid

Re: [2015-01-04] Princes

Post by SomeGuyNamedDavid »

Those Middle-Ages-era witches sure had cryogenics figured out. Why haven't we borrowed a page from their book yet?

Long-time Lurker

Post by Long-time Lurker »

Why did you change the comic?

Your syntax went from educated humor to a bad joke told over the lunchroom table in a middle school cafeteria.

Why do you find it necessary to simplify your humor? It was funny before, but now it's a bad joke. :\

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I was running out of ideas.
It was me, right? You were asking me?
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Post by Guest »

What was in the comic before?

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

1. So just what was in the original comic?

2. Isn't the Reformation a bit late for fairy tale princesses to still be around? Shouldn't she be saying something like "Let's go exterminate some Cathar villages"?

a1s

Post by a1s »

2. The comic says she's been asleep for 500 years, so (assuming the comic is happening on the date posted) she would have just missed it. The reformation, as you know, began in 1517, and would likely not be seen as a big enough problem to burn fellow Christians at the stake until the mid- to late of the 16th century (depending on how much she wanted to suppress heresy, Vs. just burning anyone for public entertainment.)

Post by Guest »

This is not a legitimate complaint. It would have been obvious to round off any near enough number to 500 years. The best you could reasonably expect from him saying 500 years is probably over 450 years and probably under 550 years.

The complaint about fairy tale princesses is even more inscrutable. Fairy tale princesses never existed, but entrenched monarchies certainly still held sway at the time. Hell, she could specifically be Bloody Mary, aside from the rewriting history to turn her into a version of sleeping beauty instead of becoming queen.

a1s

Post by a1s »

Guest wrote:This is not a legitimate complaint. It would have been obvious to round off any near enough number to 500 years. The best you could reasonably expect from him saying 500 years is probably over 450 years and probably under 550 years.
Depending on your view of fairytales, 500 years could be very literal. My main point was the that even though Protestantism was known in the first half of the 16th century, people would not be burned at the stake for it, so it's not something she'd narrowly missed by 2 years. (I seem to have cut it rather close, seeing as how there were protestant bonfires as early as 1550s)