I HUNGER FOR LINKS

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: I HUNGER FOR LINKS

Post by DonRetrasado »

smiley_cow wrote:The Mandela Effect

I vaguely remember talking about this during a Skype chat (re: Berenstein vs Berenstain), but I had no idea there were so many examples or that it had a name.
They changed their name to escape bear-secution.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

smiley_cow wrote:The Mandela Effect

I vaguely remember talking about this during a Skype chat (re: Berenstein vs Berenstain), but I had no idea there were so many examples or that it had a name.
That is a pretty big leap to go from missrembering stuff to incursions from parallel universes.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

To be fair, conspiracy theories very rarely stand up to any scrutiny.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

smiley_cow wrote:To be fair, conspiracy theories very rarely stand up to any scrutiny.
I see that you have not Awakened yet.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Liriodendron_fagotti wrote:Ayn Rand reviews children's movies

I really love Mallory Ortberg.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Theobromine inhibits sensory nerve activation and cough

Basically eating three ounces of super-dark chocolate works as well or better than a dose of codeine cough syrup as an antitussant. Be warned it is a full article so it gets into the more unpleasant side of animal and human testing, but goddamn if those results aren't amazing.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Edminster wrote:Theobromine inhibits sensory nerve activation and cough

Basically eating three ounces of super-dark chocolate works as well or better than a dose of codeine cough syrup as an antitussant. Be warned it is a full article so it gets into the more unpleasant side of animal and human testing, but goddamn if those results aren't amazing.
That was a great paper. It's always really cool when the results are so visually striking, especially fig. 5.

Another reason to eat chocolate. Those early botanists sure named it appropriately.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Kafka's Joke Book

Best thing I've read in a very long time.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

http://ia700603.us.archive.org/21/items ... .142.0.pdf

The first Silk Road's administrator's motion to have basically everything he's been charged with dismissed has been smacked down incredibly hard. Among phrases like 'miscontrues the law' and the revelation that he actually ordered six different murders is this gem from the judge (emphasis mine):
Having found that the challenged evidence is relevant, the Court turns to Rule 403. Preclusion is not warranted under Rule 403. The probative value of the evidence substantially outweighs any danger of unfair prejudice. As discussed, the evidence is highly probative of the charged narcotics offenses. Defendant points to “the sheer volume of evidence of illegal transactions by Silk Road users” (Def. Mem. at 7), but a criminal defendant is not entitled to preclude evidence simply because it is incriminating and there is a lot of it.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

Fun read. He's charged in the conspiracy to murder the former employee in the Maryland district, along with more narcotics stuff. They apparently aren't bringing charges yet on the other conspiracies to committ murder since there is no evidence they happened. It is very possible he was being scammed on those.

I really like the idea of creating an 'anonymous' infrastructure for criminal activity and then keeping evidence of those crimes on your personal laptop. Brilliant.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

For all of your molecular biology reagent and also salsa needs, order from US Biological.

http://www.usbio.net/misc/Salsa

gödel stop spreading fud

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

Yea, going to pass on the salsa from a bio supply place. I don't want to taste their roots.

For all your "holy crap how is some of this stuff legal to buy?" chemical and radiation needs, check out http://www.unitednuclear.com . I don't think they offer any sauces though. And I should probably note that some of the stuff they have sold in the past was not in fact legal.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

gödel stop spreading fud

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

That was pretty cool.

I no longer have even the slightest interest in seeing American Sniper after reading this.

e: Bradley Cooper seems like he's turning into a pretty good actor, but I can't help seeing him as a massive douchebag. He's very good at giving off this vibe of imminent physical violence that reminds me uncomfortably of the southern culture that my parents belong(ed) to.