Comics 2422~2424 hidden?

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

in2erval

Comics 2422~2424 hidden?

Post by in2erval »

Clicking the "Next" button on 2421 sends me to 2425 (and "Back" on 2425 sends me to 2421), but 2422~2424 displays fine if I use Z/C to navigate.

Is this intended or just a minor mistake?

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: Comics 2422~2424 hidden?

Post by DonRetrasado »

Hey in2erval, have you tried restarting your computer or switching to a different internet browser?
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Howard

Post by Howard »

I can confirm that if you use the buttons labelled 'back' and 'next' you get this result, but if you use the blue arrows, you do not get this result.

This is utterly insane.

I can't imagine why anybody would voluntarily read those particular strips.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Hello Howard, I would ask you not to use ableist language on these forums, thank you.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

String userName = new String();

Post by String userName = new String(); »

I bet it has something to do with the fact that 2421-2423 all came out on the same day (http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=2424). Some glitch in the code caused the back and next buttons to treat them as if they were one comic, or something to that effect.

String userName = new String();

Post by String userName = new String(); »

Ok, I think I confirmed my guess. Comics 3584-3590 also came out on the same day, and the exact same thing happens when you click the back and next buttons. Those buttons take you one day at a time instead of one comic at a time. This may be intentional, but I'm guessing it's just some glitch.

Howard

Post by Howard »

DonRetrasado wrote:Hello Howard, I would ask you not to use ableist language on these forums, thank you.
Sorry; won't happen again.

Bard

Post by Bard »

Howard wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Hello Howard, I would ask you not to use ableist language on these forums, thank you.
Sorry; won't happen again.

Yeah, you'd be crazy to continue in that vein.

Also, couldn't "glitch" be interpreted as ableist language, towards the website this time specifically?
Which would lead to the conclusion that this thread should be terminated because of its hateful content.

Kiloku

Post by Kiloku »

Bard wrote: Also, couldn't "glitch" be interpreted as ableist language, towards the website this time specifically?
Which would lead to the conclusion that this thread should be terminated because of its hateful content.
... Are you aware that websites aren't sentient beings or a subset of humanity that suffers discrimination?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Kiloku wrote:
Bard wrote: Also, couldn't "glitch" be interpreted as ableist language, towards the website this time specifically?
... Are you aware that websites aren't sentient beings or a subset of humanity that suffers discrimination?
BLASPHEMY!

Eh?

Post by Eh? »

What the actual hell are you talking about?

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Eh? wrote:
What the actual hell are you talking about?
Please don't use the word "hell" at me, forums poster Eh?.

Bard

Post by Bard »

But because he speaks of "actual hell", the absurdity of the exclamation draws away from any possibly felt insult?

Though I agree: you give a perfect example of why people should be lighter on their feet (dance away instead of getting stepped on their toes...is that an actual English saying?)