Hey, Natural Selection… (3824 — 9 August 2015)

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Gradivus
ASK ME ABOUT THE BOTANICAL AND CULINARY CLASSIFICATION OF TOMATOES

Hey, Natural Selection… (3824 — 9 August 2015)

Post by Gradivus »

Sheer genius.

adamct

Re: Hey, Natural Selection… (3824 — 9 August 2015)

Post by adamct »

I know, right? I thought this was absolutely hilarious. The problem is: I couldn't think of a single person I could share this with who would also find it funny. So I came to the forum hoping someone has posted about this and...I got lucky! At least I know I'm not the only one who thinks this is brilliant humor...

P.S. My initial post was rejected, because in response to the question "What is the nerdiest possible thing you could name your child?", I responded "001010011101". I thought that was at least mildly clever, but it was rejected, so I had to settle for "Product of Strangelove". Which has now also been rejected. I'll try again with "Spockett", just because I'm out of ideas and getting annoyed...OK. That was rejected, too. What the heck? Is there some specific answer to this that I'm supposed to know?

P.P.S. I didn't check what "001010011101" actually respresents. I confess I got lazy.

adamct

Post by adamct »

FWIW, I eventually found the answer here: http://www.smbc-comics.com/smbcforum/vi ... =40&t=4232

Gradivus

Post by Gradivus »

adamct wrote:At least I know I'm not the only one who thinks this is brilliant humor...
There's a common word that describes this kind of humor, and if I didn't have early-onset Alzheimer's I could tell you what it is. ..... Oh yeah, now I remember (as though I hadn't just spent 10 minutes using Google to look for it): surreal, or absurdist humor, with a dash of incongruity.

And speaking of incongruity, what are those PS's of yours doing here?

Caoineag

Post by Caoineag »

Am I the only one who saw Natural Selection and thought of Hitokotonusi (minus the shimenawa collar)?

Gradivus

Post by Gradivus »

Caoineag wrote:Am I the only one who saw Natural Selection and thought of Hitokotonusi
Gesundheit!

dangerkeith300

Post by dangerkeith300 »

This was one of the better comics in a while.

Disrupticus

Post by Disrupticus »

Caoineag wrote:Am I the only one who saw Natural Selection and thought of Hitokotonusi (minus the shimenawa collar)?
I thought of the Plutionan Emory:
Emory (left) and Oglethorpe (right).]