The weather outside!

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: The weather outside!

Post by smiley_cow »

-28C this morning, though it's warmed up to -18C since (though windchill is still -26C >:|). Hopefully it stays this warm for a bit. Nice that we're finally getting normal temperatures though.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Christmas still had spring temperatures of 15°C, but now it dropped to 2-5°C, which is normal for this relatively warm area of Germany.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Started out at 2C today; headed toward -14C tonight! Pretty exciting!
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

-30C with a windchill of -35C. Nice we're properly back in season temps.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

First proper 'snowstorm' today for the region. Not much to speak of really, sort of a mediocre storm. And to my legitimate surprise, people weren't really driving like complete idiots who seemingly haven't ever seen snow before. My commute was slowed somewhat, certainly more than necessary, but not to a degree that is irksome. So there's that.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

42 C day today. Not fun.
Tomorrow will be 19!
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

I want 42C. Instead the high is 42F. Boo cold. Booooooo.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

-8C, -17 with windchill. Not so much a fan of the wind but otherwise it is very comfy outside! I've managed to take a couple long walks this week. I took 14590 "steps" yesterday according to my phone's pedometer which is not a useful unit of measurement for anything.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

+7°C. Feels warmish.

I'm not taking any steps that I can avoid because it hurts way too much.

6 more weeks to go until calculated birth date!

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. I'm glad to hear the birth date is coming up, though!

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

The other day it was 39 at about 2pm (hottest part of the day), and by about 7pm it was 17 degrees. And god I was so happy for the cool change, but that was a pretty big cool change. I have no idea what the weather is doing here anymore.
King Prawn

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

It has snowed and some of it even kept lying.

As walking, standing, sitting and lying now all hurt equally I actually walked outside for like 5 minutes. Then I learned that that might be a bad idea because during the last weeks of pregnancy the bones are losing calcium because it goes to the baby and breaking one's bones from even slight slips is apparently really common in the last 1-2 months of pregnancy.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Oh man, good luck, Astro! I hope the end of February comes soon.
DonRetrasado wrote:-8C, -17 with windchill. Not so much a fan of the wind but otherwise it is very comfy outside! I've managed to take a couple long walks this week. I took 14590 "steps" yesterday according to my phone's pedometer which is not a useful unit of measurement for anything.
We were having temperatures like that up to a couple weeks ago, and it was really nice. This morning it was -32C (windchill of -47C).

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

-7C walking to class. Gonna die. Had an existential crisis.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Liriodendron_fagotti wrote:-7C walking to class. Gonna die. Had an existential crisis.
About the same here, but we are supposed to get up to 0C. Working outside is terrible right now, especially since I left my insulated overalls at a friend's house an hour and a half away. I have a new pair arriving from Amazon tomorrow.

I was camping this past weekend. We were supposed to stay Saturday through Tuesday, but left Monday morning due to the cold. It was about -15C Monday morning with wind gusts strong enough to lift my entire hammock while I was in it. I managed to stay warm until about 6 am and then just sat in the car for an hour until my friend woke up and we could leave.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.