[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
SMBC Comics Forum • View topic - Cooking Experiments!

Cooking Experiments!

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Re: Cooking Experiments!

Postby Kimra » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:28 am

King Prawn
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Postby Apocalyptus » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:07 pm

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Postby Liriodendron_fagotti » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm allergic to cats yet insist on rubbing my face in the friendly one's belly. Explain that!
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.
Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Postby Kimra » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:08 am

King Prawn
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Postby Lethal Interjection » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:15 am

Last weekend I got it in my head to use coffee to season the chicken legs I bought.
So for a few days I looked at a bunch of recipes for coffee brines, marinades and BBQ sauces. To get a bit of an idea. Especially since I've never made my own.
Wednesday morning I threw together a bunch of ingredients and ended up with what turned out to be a pretty damned good savoury mocha BBQ sauce. The ingredients/instructions were roughly:
2 cups of coffee
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp brown sugar
3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
Small handful of chocolate chips
1 cup tomato sauce
Put them together in a sauce pan and boil it down for a while until it has roughly a BBQ sauce consistency.
Put the 4 back-attached chicken legs in a 9x13 Pyrex and poured the sauce over the legs, marinating for 24 hours or so and brushing sauce over them a few times.
Put it in the oven for 45 minutes or so @ 350 F, again brushing sauce over the legs 2 or 3 times during the roasting.

It was better than I had even expected. I will revisit for sure.
It did need a bit of Nackle when I put the lot (chicken and sauce) on a bed of rice. With a different side it might not need the Nackle.
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Postby Apocalyptus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Apocalyptus

Postby Lethal Interjection » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:57 am

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Postby Liriodendron_fagotti » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:30 am

Am I allowed to use it for some thin-sliced baked tofu?
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.
Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Postby Lethal Interjection » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:09 am

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Postby HiHungryImDad » Tue May 10, 2016 8:12 pm

I did mac-n-cheese grilled cheese the other day.

We had homemade mac-n-cheese the night before, so it was nice and solid. I cut a chunk out that was bread shaped and about 1/4 inch thick, then layered it bread > cheese slice > mac-n-cheese hunk > cheese slice > bread, and grilled it up like normal.

Delicious and embarrassing.
HiHungryImDad

Postby Lethal Interjection » Wed May 11, 2016 10:24 pm

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Postby Apocalyptus » Sat May 14, 2016 11:23 am

Apocalyptus

Postby Kaharz » Sat May 14, 2016 12:25 pm

My wife is going to Europe for ten days this summer. I was planning to just eat that monstrosity all week or at least until my heart exploded.
Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Postby Lethal Interjection » Wed May 18, 2016 12:10 am

I would probably try it, but I wouldn't feel good about myself.
Even the idea of a chicken burger made with breaded chicken grosses me out a little. I mean, I like it. Just last weekend I made one, but the concept got to me a bit.
It was enough for me to forego the buns and make wraps with the rest of the breaded chicken. Not a lot of difference, ultimately, but enough for me, I guess.
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Postby Apocalyptus » Thu May 19, 2016 3:23 am

Apocalyptus

PreviousNext

Return to General