[2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

tigerninjaman

[2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Post by tigerninjaman »

Why does it seem that Zach is anti-college? Granted, this one isn't (if anything, it seems pro-college), but SMBC #2729 is very anti-college. Is he just jealous because he's not in college anymore or something?
(also, did anyone else notice that the dates below the comics go June 12, 12, 13, 15)
Expect disappointment and you won't be disappointed

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: [2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Post by DonRetrasado »

Zach studied philosophy in college.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

already-registered

Post by already-registered »

Are you saying that by studying philosophy, that made him dislike college? I'm not sure what your point is, Don.

Post by Guest »

An education in philosophy tends to train a person to try to see the underlying reality behind the apparent form: the difference between what is commonly said and what is the case. This leads to what could be construed as hostility toward many things, but this apparent hostility is mitigated by the fact that it is shared by many other human institutions and practices, not just one in particular. Zach's apparent hatred for college is really just an irreverence toward human institutions in general gained by a sometimes deadly accurate, other times slightly silly or exaggerated analysis of how they function. These analyses are slanted towards being funny, so what looks like hatred is more likely for that reason alone.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Guest wrote:An education in philosophy tends to train a person to try to see the underlying reality behind the apparent form: the difference between what is commonly said and what is the case. This leads to what could be construed as hostility toward many things, but this apparent hostility is mitigated by the fact that it is shared by many other human institutions and practices, not just one in particular. Zach's apparent hatred for college is really just an irreverence toward human institutions in general gained by a sometimes deadly accurate, other times slightly silly or exaggerated analysis of how they function. These analyses are slanted towards being funny, so what looks like hatred is more likely for that reason alone.
dear lord
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Philosophy isn't real science.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Much like sociology, or biology.

Kit.

Post by Kit. »

Kaharz wrote:Philosophy isn't real science.
Not yet. But it is a vast collection of funny factoids on how human mind thinks it works. Could be useful for a human mind science to come.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Guest wrote:An education in philosophy tends to train a person to try to see the underlying reality behind the apparent form: the difference between what is commonly said and what is the case. This leads to what could be construed as hostility toward many things, but this apparent hostility is mitigated by the fact that it is shared by many other human institutions and practices, not just one in particular. Zach's apparent hatred for college is really just an irreverence toward human institutions in general gained by a sometimes deadly accurate, other times slightly silly or exaggerated analysis of how they function. These analyses are slanted towards being funny, so what looks like hatred is more likely for that reason alone.
Sounds like someone is trying to justify the philosophy degree they've chosen.

tigerninjaman

Post by tigerninjaman »

I enjoy the fact that a guest user posted that, it makes me imagine that someone saw this and immediately had to reply - no time for registering or logging in
Expect disappointment and you won't be disappointed