[2016-10-13] a monster

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

foerno

[2016-10-13] a monster

Post by foerno »

title text: I will never stop beating this trope to death.

zach needs to do some fact-checking, there is not a single point in australia with the US directly on the other side of the earth: https://www.antipodesmap.com/. it all falls to the atlantic ocean. and i know the kid said "depending on your choice of angle", but by this logic my neighbour's house is also "under" my bed.

gumby

Re: [2016-10-13] a monster

Post by gumby »

Also in Australia we call our mums "Mum" not "Mom". Regardless of the two bugs, it's great to see Australia in a cartoon. A fun country, but not necessarily a funny one.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

gumby wrote:Also in Australia we call our mums "Mum" not "Mom". Regardless of the two bugs, it's great to see Australia in a cartoon. A fun country, but not necessarily a funny one.
Re: Mum/Mom. Yeah, he probably wrangled with it but didn't want to spoil the punchline.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Americans probably think Australians are the monsters
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Nerd

Post by Nerd »

No. Pretty sure Americans are pretty content considering other Americans monsters.

Random Interloper

Post by Random Interloper »

Pretty sure Australia has enough monsters that we don't need to assume the people are, too.

That said, I'm 90% sure that there's one species of Australian spider that has learned to kill people, infest their flesh, and then puppet them around like a spider-mech, so maybe the people are monsters too.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Well for that, an Australian spider would obviously have to kill somebody, which they do not, so I doubt the surety of your claim.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.