Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

GollyRojer

[2017 6-12] Orwell is turning over in his grave

Post by GollyRojer »

JLF65

Re: [2017 6-12] Orwell is turning over in his grave

Post by JLF65 »

Your Smart TV, your XBox, your Amazon Echo, your kid's Barbie doll - ANYTHING that responds to your voice is recording everything 24/7 and uploading it to a server somewhere for storage and processing. Now companies want to do more with those 24/7 recordings... and so does the government.

GollyRojer

Post by GollyRojer »

Yep. My tailored advertising now includes offers of things mentioned in a conversation where no phones or computers were present.

Geekoid

Post by Geekoid »

That's not what 1984 was about. 1984 was about control. Control of information.

The best way to stop that is to fight for open journalism, and archive site for the internet.

That mean you need to spend money of newspaper subscription and donate to place like the wayback machine, wikipedia and so on.
Fight for POlice Body cams and the public right to view them. Be aware the fight never ends because mostly what you are fighting against is good intentions.

The internet is the best tool against an Orwellian future, but it won't continue without your involvement.

Jules.LT

Post by Jules.LT »

Lack of control of your own information, i.e. privacy, was a significant theme.

In France, we have laws that force companies to delete the information about you if you ask.
Do you have that in the US?

gvest

Post by gvest »

It was and it wasn't. Big brother watching was as much a show as anything. Indeed, given the state of technical know-how in Oceania, it's entirely possible the telescreens weren't recording anything at all. Ironically what kept your from being free was that you didn't know what your neighbors (and miniLuv) knew about you and what they would do about it. No one in that book is really a fan of IngSoc (save, possibly, for O'Brian about whose inner motivations we know nothing at all) but everyone pretends to be, and keeps everyone else in line by doing so.
I'm trying to say control of information has much more to do with Orwellian Dystopia then it's gathering does.

Quancii

Post by Quancii »

There are many reasons for joy in life, and if you try to notice them more often, then you will smile more often. I recently found out about the cpa network https://whocpa.asia and my life began to play with completely different colors. This can not but give joy, as it reminds me more and more that I can achieve a lot with the help of advertising. If you correctly build the entire line, you will be able to attract the maximum number of customers. So you just need to know when and who to contact about this.

jhfgkdty

Post by jhfgkdty »

Your article's content seems to pique the interest of quite a few readers, and I must say that I am quite impressed with your post. I am looking forward to reading more of your excellent articles. foodle

Only Up

Post by Only Up »

only up online is more than just a game; it's an invitation to a world where friends become allies and challenges become triumphs. Join us on this exciting journey where every climb is a victory.
only up