Another name.

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

that poster rocks my world. did tim make it or you?

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I did, I do have some talent. I had to rush it out today before work, but yeah, was very pleased with the final product. When printed, the ghost and the hand are a bit faint though, I hope they survive photocopying. Not that it matters, the image will be viewable enough. True story.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Husper

Post by Husper »

I like it, but there is a bit too much open space. Like the price tag should probably be a bit bigger, just slapped on the front of the side instead of being part of the picture, and the ghost could maybe be bit bigger and more human like. Is he both a zombie and a ghost? Otherwise its sex in poster form.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I like it too. Is $10 standard for a drink like that? Because it seems a bit expensive, though I would imagine that you aren't controlling that personally. Either way, I'd buy one. Can you mail me one, and put the $10 towards your total?
Yamid wrote:There are plenty of children in my apartment building. Dogs too.
So it is a buffet?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Because it seems a bit expensive
Remember, that's in Austalian Dollaridoos.

But, once exchanged into Canadia Dollars (another basically worthless currency), there's not much difference.

So, I guess I'll make a redundant post.
Pirate.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I like it too. Is $10 standard for a drink like that? Because it seems a bit expensive, though I would imagine that you aren't controlling that personally. Either way, I'd buy one. Can you mail me one, and put the $10 towards your total?
I'll get right on that! The standard for our cocktails is $12, with 60ml of alcohol in them. For the competition we're only allowed 45ml, so they make it a "special" and charge $10. We're pretty shocking when it comes to drink prices where I work, so yeah, it's more than you'd want to pay, but unfortunately, you'd be looking at similar everywhere else. Everyone's cocktail has to be the same price as well.

Looking at other peoples fliers, they're just shitty plain writing with a few word pictures chucked in, with names like "watermelon blast" "Choc-Orange cocktail" and shit like that. Nice people, but no creativity.
Husper wrote:I like it, but there is a bit too much open space. Like the price tag should probably be a bit bigger, just slapped on the front of the side instead of being part of the picture, and the ghost could maybe be bit bigger and more human like. Is he both a zombie and a ghost? Otherwise its sex in poster form.
Yeah, there's definitely room for improvement, but I had to rush it out, and it's really not that important anyway. Still very happy with it, although I had to toss up whether or not to put that Saturday night special on there, or just let people guess what it was. Tough decision.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Barkeep wrote:"watermelon blast" "Choc-Orange cocktail"
Garbage. Yours wins.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

GreenCrayon wrote: Remember, that's in Austalian Dollaridoos.
Awesome. They need to change their money to this. Immediately.

I also agree with the mage. The others sound like crap. Yours sounds good. It even came up in conversation at work today, and my coworkers were terribly interested.

Husper

Post by Husper »

I want to pay in Yen!

Not that I have any, I would just like the choice to pay this way, facist!

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

I see... and how much will that be in pubes?
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Yamid wrote:I see... and how much will that be in pubes?
Pube convention? Quit being a smart ass, you brat!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

Damn, the funny thing is... I forgot I posted that and I just happen to be watching that episode at the moment. Also I am dressed like a magician.

"We don't take pubes! End of story!"
"Racist!"
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

alright, to the point of the story. How much did your drink win by, and how much money did that get you? Also, i can only imagine that there was a trophy involved.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I hate to break it to you, but I certainly didn't win. I sold a grand total of 1 cocktail, to some girl having her 18th birthday party. It was pretty stupid, I was kind of selling to the wrong crowd, that's for sure. I don't know if I've said where I work, but it's at the greyhounds race track, full of bogans, gamblers, idiots, etc. It can be pretty classy with the buffet and things, but on the whole, not really. So yeah, since someone else already sold 8 of their cocktail on their day, I'm not in for much of a chance, because I have already lost! DEVS.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Judging by the crowd, you should have made your cocktail a neat vodka in a low ball.

Or better yet, serve it out of a bottle in a paper bag.