Postby Philomorph » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:16 pm

"talking black blogs with eyes"

Typo?
Philomorph

Re: [2018-04-16] The Death Spot

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Philomorph wrote:"talking black blogs with eyes"

Typo?

Came here to say that. I'm pretty sure that blogs should have been blobs. I anticipate that Zach will shortly (and most appropriately) apply what's known elsewhere as a "ninja edit."

As an aside, if you have a poison-tipped umbrella, the entire body is The Death Spot.

Next day update: Zach's ninja edit confirmed!
Tony

Postby cellocgw » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:24 am

Tony wrote:As an aside, if you have a poison-tipped umbrella, the entire body is The Death Spot.

A poison-tipped umbrella is thus a venomous umbrella. (says the part-time bionerd).

But back to the ninja's death-spot: I'm pretty sure there are a few locations inside the skull that will cause instant death too. It's all academic, since we know dang well you can cause death by hitting five external spots in the right order. None of which match the Vulcan nerve-pinch.
cellocgw

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:00 am

cellocgw wrote:A poison-tipped umbrella is thus a venomous umbrella.

An umbrella which injected actual venom might be considered venomous in a sense. However, venoms are limited to those toxins (poisons produced by organisms in nature) that are injected by a bite or a sting, which makers of poison-tipped umbrellas have historically not employed, resorting rather to poisons such as ricin or mercury.

Also, note that someone who injects poison into their victim is correctly termed a poisoner, not an envenomer, for the same reasons.

I wonder what the term is for someone who kills with pedantry? :lol:
Tony

Postby Sizlak Jones » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:39 pm

cellocgw wrote:A poison-tipped umbrella is thus a venomous umbrella. (says the part-time bionerd).

But back to the ninja's death-spot: I'm pretty sure there are a few locations inside the skull that will cause instant death too. It's all academic, since we know dang well you can cause death by hitting five external spots in the right order. None of which match the Vulcan nerve-pinch.

Ah yes, the five point palm exploding heart technique. :)
Sizlak Jones

Return to Latest Comic Discussion 3: Revenge of the Son of Latest Comic Discussion 2