FAQ [For the less clever, answers are inside]

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Gawdzilla Sama

Re: FAQ [For the less clever, answers are inside]

Post by Gawdzilla Sama »

I tried all possible combinations of the two words and bombed for a week before I got an offering approved. The page says to speak to an admin if there's a problem, but you can't see the admin contact info unless you're logged in. Yossarian would be amused. (Perhaps a SOS email account on that page would help?)

Still and all, it's better than being on a forum housed in the five-sided puzzle box on the Potomac.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:you can't see the admin contact info unless you're logged in
Edminster wrote:If you are still having difficulty, please contact me at retsnimdecorp on Google's mail service.
Edminster wrote:it's like people dont actually read the faq
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Gawdzilla Sama

Post by Gawdzilla Sama »

Edminster wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:you can't see the admin contact info unless you're logged in
Edminster wrote:If you are still having difficulty, please contact me at retsnimdecorp on Google's mail service.
Edminster wrote:it's like people dont actually read the faq
I read the FAQ. I used the magic words.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

i guess it goes to show, obfuscation to defeat spambots will also defeat some people
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Gawdzilla Sama

Post by Gawdzilla Sama »

Edminster wrote:
i guess it goes to show, obfuscation to defeat spambots will also defeat some people
Yep, I obviously need more than thirty years computing experience to beat that sucker. Only answer.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

i am an admin and my email address is right there, is what i am saying

available for users who are not logged in

gödel stop spreading fud

Gawdzilla Sama

Post by Gawdzilla Sama »

Edminster wrote:i am an admin and my email address is right there, is what i am saying

When I clicked on "Team" it said I had to be logged in to see it.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Edminster wrote:i am an admin and my email address is right there, is what i am saying

which is why i put my email address in the faq, yes

gödel stop spreading fud

Gawdzilla Sama

Post by Gawdzilla Sama »

Edminster wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:

which is why i put my email address in the faq, yes
I didn't see that. Can you show me where it is?

Gawdzilla Sama

Post by Gawdzilla Sama »

A just in case post: I don't do subtle. When I ask to see where the information requested is, it is to see why I missed it. I learn more from my failures than my successes. TIA

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

i have been sitting here slowly losing my mind trying to figure out if you're trolling me or not but on the off chance you were being sincere i will break it down for you
that is where i declared my email address. spamlist webcrawlers will look through webpages for plaintext addresses like fart@buttcheeks.net and automatically spam them, which is why you might occasionally see addresses set as 'fart @ buttcheeksDOTnet' or some other similar formulation. unfortunately, simple obfuscation is mostly being defeated these days as spammers bolt on extra parsing routines to change DOT to . or strip out spaces.

as a result, i have taken the additional step of rephrasing my address so that it cannot be parsed without minor creative thinking. google's mail service == gmail.com, so use retsnimdecorp and format it as an email address ending in gmail.com and you have it. incredibly minor rephrasing which cannot currently be defeated by automated processes as it requires inference instead of algorithm

gödel stop spreading fud

Gawdzilla Sama

Post by Gawdzilla Sama »

I am not trolling you.

Gawdzilla Sama

Post by Gawdzilla Sama »

And everything is sorted. I will find new ways to fail whenever I can.

So, as promised, the hostages have been released and the demolition charges made safe. Sorry about Michigan, but it was way too close to Canadia. Can't have that, can we.

Post by Guest »

This is not pizza

OwO UwU OwO My Dude

Post by OwO UwU OwO My Dude »

No, no it is not.